Finally finished jury duty.

Justice

manslaughter and false imprisonment. This guy (the defendant) should never had taken the stand. He convicted himself with his inconsistent testimony.

To make a long story short. The defendant wanted sex from his wife and she didn't want to. She screamed for help and hollered for someone to call 911 while she was trying to leave her apartment. A witness verified that story. The husband then dragged his wife back into the house (False imprisonment) and then threw his wife on the floor. He then took both her legs and pushed them all the way to her head in the process breaking her neck and spine. She became a quadrapalegic instantly. He then proceeded to have sex with her while she was incapacitated. We didn't find him guilty of sexual battery because of lack of evidence. The victim died 16 months later due to complications from the trauma caused by her husband.

15 years is the maximum amount of time you can get for manslaughter and 5 years is the max for false imprisonment. They can be served simultaneously or separately. I believe he'll get the maximum sentence allowed by law because he is a four time felon prior to this conviction. One of them was for murder. The jury didn't know what his charges were during the trial, we only knew about his 4 felonies.

Here's the worst part. This guy worked for the city for 20 years.

Ok, and this is where I think the story of the spammer getting 9 years in prison is ridiculous...

This monster did these almost unspeakable acts, and the most he will get is 20 years. Yet a guy who sends you viagara ads that take you several seconds a day to delete gets just under half that time in jail?

Wow... something is messed up there.

His punishment should be the same as his victim's.  Paralysis and then death.

300547[/snapback]

You forgot one.  Paralysis, gang bang by the prisoners, then death.

300549[/snapback]

Could we make him into a pinata first?

Let's do that. Then give him a Shiavo.

Don't get me started on that.  She didn't deserve what she got.  :D

300592[/snapback]

Agreed. Just a bit reactionary to the relativity of justice. Stevestojan's right too. If a slimeball neanderthal like this gets 20 for this, 9 years for a spammer is out of whack. Frankly I'd rather have the knuckledragger get 50 years.

:ph34r:

300596[/snapback]

Don't worry it is blind squirral / nut type of stuff. You know million apes with typewritters in a warehouse (or is that whorehouse?) anyhow one of them is bound to accidentally write something coherent. :D

You forgot one.  Paralysis, gang bang by the prisoners, then death.

300549[/snapback]

I totally disagree.

Gang bang by prisoners first. So he can feel it.

Paralysis.

Then death.

There were jurors who thought this guy is innocent. I had to fight and plead my case and make us deliberate another day just to get the conviction we got. Our very first vote was 10 not guilty & 2 for guilty. I was besides myself.

After hours and hours of talking it out, I finally put some sense into these peoples' head.

I'm still mad. I wanted murder in the first, kidnapping and sexual battery.

BTW. For all of you talking about the 9 year term for spamming. The defendant was offered 10 years by the state in a plea bargain to avoid a trial. 10 years for all that he did and 9 years for spam? Yeah, that sounds fair.

BTW #2. The defendant's testimony went something like this. "I asked my wife if she was okay" (hours after she accidentally fell and broke her back and couldn't move a limb), and her response was "no, that's okay, I'm allright" WTF???!!!!! This guy is a complete idiot if he thinks anybody can believe that crap.

She screamed for help and hollered for someone to call 911 while she was trying to leave her apartment. A witness verified that story.

Nice neighbors. Boy, I'd like to help you out, but three buttons is asking too much. Maybe if emergency was only '91', or just '9' I could see it.

I hope I never get on a jury like that. I might be facing an assault charge myself.

There were jurors who thought this guy is innocent. I had to fight and plead my case and make us deliberate another day just to get the conviction we got. Our very first vote was 10 not guilty & 2 for guilty. I was besides myself.

After hours and hours of talking it out, I finally put some sense into these peoples' head.

I'm still mad. I wanted murder in the first, kidnapping and sexual battery.

BTW. For all of you talking about the 9 year term for spamming. The defendant was offered 10 years by the state in a plea bargain to avoid a trial. 10 years for all that he did and 9 years for spam? Yeah, that sounds fair.

BTW #2. The defendant's testimony went something like this. "I asked my wife if she was okay" (hours after she accidentally fell and broke her back and couldn't move a limb), and her response was "no, that's okay, I'm allright" WTF???!!!!! This guy is a complete idiot if he thinks anybody can believe that crap.

300603[/snapback]

The original vote was 10-2 not guilty and you convicted shortly after ? OK. :D