Best Buy has man arrested for paying with $2 bills

Fezmid

It's funny, a long time ago I saved a $2 bill that I received, thinking that they would eventually disappear and I would save the one as a keepsake for the future.

I look at it now and then and think to myself that if I ever tried to use it, I bet it would just get rejected by some moron who never knew they existed. I guess I never thought it might get me arrested...

Somehow I think the guy is going to make out in the end. Just get an attorney

involved and he will come away with $something$

300532[/snapback]

Gotta agree with you here.

If I ran Best Buy, I'd be offering this guy a new set of kitchen appliances to make this go away.

no "crdible" or familiar news services are running it? something is fishy

Curious, I found a story on 'WorldNewsNet' or someplace similar (Dateline 7-apr, IIRC) & they sited the Baltimore Sun for the story. I couldn't find any mention of it on the Baltimore Sun site.

I think we all learned something here, next time anything goes wrong at TBD, and someone freaks we should all attribute it to ...

"Being a sign that we're all a little nervous in the post-9/11 world."

Anyway, I would have told the store to f-off when they called. They have no legal rights to ask for money after the fact. A receipt it a binding contract, and if there was no mention of a balance due on that receipt, then he didn't have to pay them. But ... in the end, he's definitelying going to make out $$$.

as a circuit city employee this does my heart good, but how come when i google this topic, no "crdible" or familiar news services are running it?  something is fishy

300609[/snapback]

it was an article from the Baltimore Sun

When I worked at Darien Lake, i had some of the other food stand managers asking me "are there really two doolar bills?" Just because they would get them and thought it was a joke. So we have this one manager who ran the beer place, and she was as dumb as a rock. we tell her that she has to accept the two dollar bills and we show her one. the next she accepted monopoly money :devil::lol: Though, it was pretty easy to fool her, with me being 16 at the time and getting free beer from her. "yeah, I am 21" and I didn't look like I could pass for 12 at the time

I haven't heard anything about this on either the local news or on the news websites.  This story may be a hoax.  I'll keep checking.

300925[/snapback]

Isn't the Baltimore Sun reputable?

CW