Week 8 Bills (-1.5) vs Eagles

YoloinOhio

On 10/21/2019 at 7:34 AM, r00tabaga said:

So, on an even playing field, a hobbled 3-4 team that just got destroyed is a point & a half favorite over a healthy 5-1 team.

Okayyyyyyy-

We are what our record says we are(5-1), but if not for the kick return against the Phins, we are up by only 3 points against an 0-6 team. Hopefully we score enough to win, but we're not exactly an offensive juggernaut. They were giving up 36 pts/g and after playing us that avg. actually dropped. And if not for that kick return, it would have dropped even more.  So, yes, this seems right to me.

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Oh

It may mean nothing on Sunday but their team is a circus right now 

Everything will be fine as long as things are going well, but I imagine as soon as any adversity hits them those feelings come right to the surface.

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

This is where the Bills lose big in the past. Josh Allen needs to become a franchise QB this week. The Eagles pass defense is very vulnerable. We will need him to step up, but I don't see it happening. Schwartz will throw the kitchen sink at Allen and he won't find open WR's.

Every team sends the kitchen sink at young QBs.  Allen has seen this all year to date.  It certainly won't be anything new for Allen.

Josh is under center quite a bit and when he's in shotgun, I think we need a RB back there with him.  Even in an empty backfield, Josh can run the ball, unlike many QBs, and it'll be big yards if he gets passed that blitz.

I'm not so much worried about a kitchen sink blitz.  It's a risk for any team vs Josh and the Bills.  It can burn them as easily as it helps them.

37 minutes ago, Dopey said:

We are what our record says we are(5-1), but if not for the kick return against the Phins, we are up by only 3 points against an 0-6 team. Hopefully we score enough to win, but we're not exactly an offensive juggernaut. They were giving up 36 pts/g and after playing us that avg. actually dropped. And if not for that kick return, it would have dropped even more.  So, yes, this seems right to me.

If not for the blocked punt we could be 6-0.

I like this game!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

You know what I remember most from that game? 

George Wilson.

It was perhaps the best game I'd ever seen from a Bills' safety up to that point.

Of course, everything went downhill from there--for George and the Bills.

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, r00tabaga said:

If not for the blocked punt we could be 6-0.

I like this game!

Maybe I'm reading your "I like this game!" statement wrong. If so, my bad, but my statement was about a point spread. You seemed pissed at a 1.5 point spread. My point was we aren't to the point where we can expect bigger spreads than what the folks who make money doing this have it as. 1.5 seems reasonable to me. We LOWERED Miami's ppg allowed avg and you question a 1.5 spread vs. a much better team than Miami?! Some people are so defensive about any perceived slight of the Bills. If I did read that statement correctly, I am just commenting. No game here. 6-0 has nothing to do with the point spread. If you settle your emotions, you would have noticed the difference.

Edited by Dopey

23 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Maybe I'm reading your "I like this game!" statement wrong. If so, my bad, but my statement was about a point spread. You seemed pissed at a 1.5 point spread. My point was we aren't to the point where we can expect bigger spreads than what the folks who make money doing this have it as. 1.5 seems reasonable to me. We LOWERED Miami's ppg allowed avg and you question a 1.5 spread vs. a much better team than Miami?! Some people are so defensive about any perceived slight of the Bills. If I did read that statement correctly, I am just commenting. No game here. 6-0 has nothing to do with the point spread. If you settle your emotions, you would have noticed the difference.

Philly has a losing record and got BLOWN out by two conference rivals the last 2 wks. They now travel to a hostile environment, bang'd up, with a dysfunctional locker room, vs a 5-1 team and an unfamiliar AFC opponent as 1.5 road dogs????  C'mon man!

2 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Josh Allen wearing a Bills shirt at his presser that says "LetGo" anyone know what that means?

Signed an endorsement deal with that app that lets you sell stolen electronics and bedbug-infested furniture.

• Thank you (+1) 1