Rams at Seattle, 8:20 ET on Fox AND NFLN

5 minutes ago, mannc said:

Of course, but the Seahawks now have a war on their hands when they could have easily broken the game wide open.

Well...maybe, but tough to do when you're playing against high powered offenses.

Edited by jkeerie

PSA: Cooper Kupp is set to be a free agent in 2021. How good would he look in our offense right now? I can't think of a better receiver for Josh. He just knows how to get open. 

Edited by VW82

2 minutes ago, VW82 said:

PSA: Cooper Kupp is set to be a free agent in 2021. How good would he look in our offense right now? I can't think of a better receiver for Josh. He just knows how to get open. 

I'd expect LA to do all they can to keep him a Ram.  Not sure what their cap space will look like next year, but I don't see them letting Kupp become a FA.

Just now, Happy Gilmore said:

I'd expect LA to do all they can to keep him a Ram.  Not sure what their cap space will look like next year, but I don't see them letting Kupp become a FA.

We'll see. They just paid Gurley, Goff, and Donald biiiiig $$. I'd be surprised if they didn't explore trading him next year. Will they even have the room to franchise him?? 

2 minutes ago, VW82 said:

We'll see. They just paid Gurley, Goff, and Donald biiiiig $$. I'd be surprised if they didn't explore trading him next year. Will they even have the room to franchise him?? 

Per SpoTrac, they'll have a little over $110M cap space in 2021.  I think they'll keep him.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Per SpoTrac, they'll have a little over $110M cap space in 2021.  I think they'll keep him.

Looks to me like it's 132M in 2021. Am I missing something? https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/los-angeles-rams/yearly/cap/

Rams are also going to need to do something about their Oline, and half their defense will become UFAs over the next two years. Think it's going to be tough. Maybe they can trade Cooks or Woods to open up some space.

Edited by VW82

1 minute ago, VW82 said:

Looks to me like it's 132M in 2021. Am I missing something? https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/los-angeles-rams/yearly/cap/

Rams are also going to need to do something about their Oline and half their defense will become UFAs over the next two years. Think it's going to be tough. Maybe they can trade Cooks or Woods to open up some space.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/los-angeles-rams/cap/2021/

Look at the last line: Cap space (w/top 51)  $110,395,109

2 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/los-angeles-rams/cap/2021/

Look at the last line: Cap space (w/top 51)  $110,395,109

Gotcha. I was looking at committed $$. It's incredible how much the cap has risen over the last ten years. Doubled basically. It's a pretty huge built in advantage for good teams. You can pay everyone and it doesn't matter because the cap keeps rising. 

Just now, VW82 said:

Gotcha. I was looking at committed $$. It's incredible how much the cap has risen over the last ten years. Doubled basically. It's a pretty huge built in advantage for good teams. You can pay everyone and it doesn't matter because the cap keeps rising. 

I like it. They should be given a chance to keep their good players.

1 minute ago, VW82 said:

Well the good part there will be that it'll be easier to keep guys like Tre while.

• Like (+1) 1