Josh Allen 2019 Regular Season at 58.8% Completion Percentage

2 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

My point is you reach which makes you look foolish. 

Bringing up Duke Williams is relevant ??‍♂️, is he still on the team ?

Dont even bring up Knox when the ravens have 3 tight ends who all play without a severe case of the dropsies.   

Your point is useless because those guys are afterthoughts in their offense, just like the guys I referenced. 

A stretch is saying Seth Roberts is 6'4 when he's actually 6'2 when trying to prove some obscure point. 

4 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Your point is useless because those guys are afterthoughts in their offense, just like the guys I referenced. 

A stretch is saying Seth Roberts is 6'4 when he's actually 6'2 when trying to prove some obscure point. 

Afterthoughts score 10 td’s ? 

Take it up with ESPN.    They say Roberts is 6’4.   

Wheres your favorite place to get crabcakes in Baltimore ? 

Edited by Teddy KGB

2 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Afterthoughts score 10 td’s ? 

Take it up with ESPN.    They say Roberts is 6’4.   

You must not be able to read, because he's listed at 6'2 on every website, including ESPN.

Keep going with your attempt to stretch the truth, after telling me not to do that. 

It's hysterical. LMAO

Edited by jrober38

4 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

^no, the point is Greg Roman is in Baltimore

This can’t be overstated. Especially with his use of multiple blocking schemes. While nothing new in terms of those schemes themselves (power/man, inside/outside zone, etc,) his use of BOTH equally is unique. Most OLs, like ours for instance, are more suited for one or the other, seldom both, simply because of the different lineman types required to maximize each. Not so in Baltimore. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

You must not be able to read, because he's listed at 6'2 on every website, including ESPN.

Keep going with your attempt to stretch the truth, after telling me not to do that. 

It's hysterical. LMAO

Says the hysterical ravens fanboy.   

Gotta run.   Enjoy the anti Allen parade ??

10-4 baby.      Get another tissue 

Just now, K-9 said:

This can’t be overstated. Especially with his use of multiple blocking schemes. While nothing new in terms of those schemes themselves (power/man, inside/outside zone, etc,) his use of BOTH equally is unique. Most OLs, like ours for instance, are more suited for one or the other, seldom both, simply because of the different lineman types required to maximize each. Not so in Baltimore. 

Genius in the run game and at maximizing statistical efficiency in the passing game=Greg Roman.

Took Kaepernick (well, him and the defense) to a SB. Turned backup caliber Taylor into a ProBowler. Has Jackson playing @MVP dual threat level

4 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Oh wait, also would have traded an entire draft class for wait for it....Crablegs Winston DED

Another misrepresentation. 

My argument was that if you want a QB, the math says you should go after the #1 QB in the draft. I haven't check since we picked Allen, but guys who go #1 overall work out around 60-70% of the time.

On the flip side, guys picked #2 to #32 overall, work out around 30% of the time.

It was an argument based on probability. At the time we needed a QB, and if you're going to try and get one, do whatever you can to make it happen in an attempt to improve your odds to a much higher probability than picking someone later in the first round.

I thought Winston was a pretty good prospect. I was wrong. I can live with that, but don't mislead the reasoning behind why I said it would be a good idea to trade up.

The whole rational was that if you're going to draft a QB, draft the best QB in that draft class. 

8 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

The Raven's TEs are afterthoughts?  I must have missed the couple of games you watched.

• Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Finally someone who gets it.

I could understand if someone thought Jackson wasn't better than someone like Pat Mahomes, Russell Wilson, etc, but literally everyone who has argued with me this morning has said they wouldn't trade Allen straight up for Lamar Jackson. It's mind boggling. 

I think the idea of doing a player for player trade is different from discussing who the better player is today because you're taking upside into account. I can see why people might think Josh has the greater upside, and likely the better longevity too. 

Arguing that Lamar would be nothing without Roman or Baltimore's play makers, line, etc., is just dumb. Was Michael Vick just a product of Atlanta's system too? Guys on that level are special enough that they're going to find a way in most places unless you're actively trying to undermine them by putting them in a system that prioritizes their weaknesses. We're not doing that for Josh. Why would we do that for Lamar?  

Edited by VW82
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, VW82 said:

I think the idea of doing a player for player trade is different from discussing who the better player is today because you're taking upside into account. I can see why people might think Josh has the greater upside, and likely the better longevity too. 

Arguing that Lamar would be nothing without Roman or Baltimore's play makers, line, etc., is just dumb. Was Michael Vick just a product of Atlanta's system too? Guys on that level are special enough that they're going to find a way in most places unless you're actively trying to undermine them by putting them in a system that prioritizes their weaknesses. We're not doing that for Josh. Why would we do that for Lamar?  

LOL nobody is saying Jackson would be nothing go away scarecrow

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

LOL nobody is saying Jackson would be nothing go away scarecrow

It's been said several times in this thread, including by a mod, that Jackson wouldn't be anywhere close to what Allen is in Buffalo. "Nothing" is perhaps overstating it but so is what was actually said. 

5 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Genius in the run game and at maximizing statistical efficiency in the passing game=Greg Roman.

Took Kaepernick (well, him and the defense) to a SB. Turned backup caliber Taylor into a ProBowler. Has Jackson playing @MVP dual threat level

Agree entirely. What he also has in Lamar, unlike in Kaep and Taylor, is a QB who is NOT risk averse in the passing game. Granted, they haven’t had to rely on their pass game very much, but Jackson has shown he’s not afraid to chuck it and make a play. 

But like Kaep in SF, I’m not sure it’s a sustainable system. DCs will again make it a point to ignore the “mesh point” or “pitch” confusion and instruct their DLs and LBs to hit Jackson, regardless. It will take a toll eventually. It’s inevitable when your QB is taking an inordinate number of risks as a running back. 

Just now, VW82 said:

It's been said several times in this thread, including by a mod, that Jackson wouldn't be anywhere close to what Allen is in Buffalo. "Nothing" is perhaps overstating it but so is what was actually said. 

That's more than likely true. We don't run Roman's read option and we don't have the oline for it. We don't have the TEs with pass catching ability. We don't have big wideouts blocking downfield. We don't have a hammer like Ingram/Edwards.

Jackson has over 2 game's worth of fewer pass attempts than Allen currently. He throws the ball at one of the lowest rates in the league. He's also got more rush attempts than some starting RBs. He is in a very, VERY particular offense in Baltimore and in all likelihood would be less successful than other QBs running more traditional schemes.

• Thank you (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Mango said:

There were 7 QB's at or over 60% in 1996. Elways 61.6% was 5th highest in the league at the time. There are currently 26 at or greater than 61.6%. There are currently 4 at or above 70%. 

The point again is the continued discussion of  completion % is not proving anything.   

QB's with Crappy Josh #'s are  HOF'ers and or soon to be  HOF'ers (with a *** for Tom)