The Boss is 70 today - Happy Birthday Bruce Springsteen

BuffaloBill

“Over his five-decade career Springsteen has won 20 Grammys, an Oscar, two Golden Globes, a special Tony Award and a Kennedy Center honor, plus numerous American Music Awards and MTV Video Music Awards. 

In 1999, he was inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. In 2016, President Obama awarded him the Presidential Medal of Freedom, the nation's highest civilian honor.” 

What’s crazy is that he has never had a #1 hit - seems almost impossible.  

Happy Birthday Bruce.

“You ain’t a beauty but hey, you’re alright”.

I’ve seen The Boss 3x (Philly Spectrum ‘92, Buffalo ‘99, Sunrise FL, ‘02). Never walked away wishing they’d played more.

This my favorite Boss cover:

? ??

7 hours ago, Seasons1992 said:

Best live show I've heard of his: 

I think Thunder Road is his best song, but it has to be rocking with full band and no late-career cowboy twang for me. Solo doesn’t capture the flow and build-up from beginning to magnificent end ala the 78 & 81 tours.

Edited by Rico

RIP for sure whenever that day comes... but, is he all that great outside of NJ/NYers? The only thing I can think of that remotely sounds decent is born to run. He is like a Billy Joel kind of guy to me. 

Edited by T&C

19 hours ago, T&C said:

RIP for sure whenever that day comes... but, is he all that great outside of NJ/NYers? The only thing I can think of that remotely sounds decent is born to run. He is like a Billy Joel kind of guy to me. 

Yes, he's all the great outside NJ/NY. He's nothing like Billy Joel, who had a great little moment then stopped making music. 

Bruce still goes on world tours every year selling out. Best live shows I've seen, and I hope to see a few more. Though I do agree with something above: He's best with the E Street Band. I don't deny him his artistry, but I prefer the sound of the whole ensemble.