Thoughts on extending Daylight Savings Time

KRC

I can't say I'm opposed to extending DST, but I'd be pretty curious to see what else is getting lumped into that energy legislation.

298557[/snapback]

I imagine it is pretty scary.

"The more daylight we have, the less electricity we use," said Markey, who cited Transportation Department estimates that showed the two-month extension would save the equivalent of 10,000 barrels of oil a day.

Congress figured out how to give us more daylight?!?! Please, clue me in.

298719[/snapback]

I did a little searching and found that they shot down an ammendment to reduce America's oil consumption because 40% of our oil is used in vehicles and we couldn't possibly expect to burden Detroit with meeting improved mileage standards.

298719[/snapback]

The funny thing about that is in states where it gets hotter sooner, and stays hotter longer, it could mean you run the AC more.

The funny thing about that is in states where it gets hotter sooner, and stays hotter longer, it could mean you run the AC more.

299350[/snapback]

I dunno 'bout that. Here in Va Bch it's not uncommon for summertime temps to remain in the 80s all night and the AC will run regardless of what time the clock on the wall shows. When it's hot, it's hot.

I did a little searching and found that they shot down an ammendment to reduce America's oil consumption because 40% of our oil is used in vehicles and we couldn't possibly expect to burden Detroit with meeting improved mileage standards.

298729[/snapback]

Scary thing is...this type of reasoning goes on FOR REAL and is a HUGE part of the reason why we are in the pickle we are in terms of oil consumption.

298719[/snapback]

They have these giant mirrors they put in space which catch the suns rays and reflect them towards areas that are dark. Haven't you seen James Bond?