Darren Sproles video clip.

PIZ

Yeah, and have you watched the Bills' 2004 Season In Review video? From watching that it appears like we went 16-0 and won the Super Bowl. :doh:

Seriously, though, this guy has a pretty good high gear, once he kicks it on...

but a small guy. Where is he predicted to go? This site lists him as backup/change of pace material ...

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/playerpro...rensproles.html

Yeah, and have you watched the Bills' 2004 Season In Review video?  From watching that it appears like we went 16-0 and won the Super Bowl. :doh:

Seriously, though, this guy has a pretty good high gear, once he kicks it on...

but a small guy.  Where is he predicted to go?  This site lists him as backup/change of pace material ...

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/playerpro...rensproles.html

298411[/snapback]

I don't know, maybe 5 -7 rounds. I think he would be a good ST or 3rd down back, like Meggett was for NY Giants. Also, I would hate to see this guy on an AFC EAST team other than the Bills. He's small, but he's a gamebreaker.

I don't follow college ball, so it's hardly surprising I had never heard of him but judging by the video clip, he seems to have very good balance, quickness and decent strength.

I don't know how/if he'd transition to the NFL given his size, but those were some pretty impressive plays all the same.

Here's a guy I wouldn't mind the Bills picking up in the middle rounds. Ryan Moats of LA Tech. Built just like Barry Sanders and has that incredible open field ability of Sanders and the great Gale Sayers. Watch his highlight films on his website and post back. I saw him play 3-4 games and thought he was sensational. Click on Meet Ryan Moats to the right on page 2 and watch his moves, once the video loads up.

http://www.ryanmoats.com/

Would be delighted if the Bills pick up this guy. Would gladly spent a 4th round pick on him, and would not be totally against spending a 3rd either, altough using one of only 2 first day picks on a back up player may be a little extravagant.

But pluses like a very good punt returner and a good receiver, in addition to the obvious way above average balance and elusiveness, would be fun to watch in a Bills uniform.

Would be delighted if the Bills pick up this guy. Would gladly spent a 4th round pick on him, and would not be totally against spending a 3rd either, altough using one of only 2 first day picks on a back up player may be a little extravagant.

But pluses like a very good punt returner and a good receiver, in addition to the obvious way above average balance and elusiveness, would be fun to watch in a Bills uniform.

298431[/snapback]

I would be delighted also, but this is coming from the same guy that was whoopin and a hollerin that the Bills drafted Corey Moore, the great VT pass rusher.

Here's a guy I wouldn't mind the Bills picking up in the middle rounds. Ryan Moats of LA Tech.  Built just like Barry Sanders and has that incredible open field ability of Sanders and the great Gale Sayers. Watch his highlight films on his website and post back. I saw him play 3-4 games and thought he was sensational. Click on Meet Ryan Moats to the right on page 2 and watch his moves, once the video loads up.

http://www.ryanmoats.com/

298425[/snapback]

Seems like a good guy - especially his attitude and overcoming the 2 surgeries. He looks impressive too, but I just can't get past the Alvin and the Chipmunks soundtrack on his vid! :doh:

I would be delighted also, but this is coming from the same guy that was whoopin and a hollerin that the Bills drafted Corey Moore, the great VT pass rusher.

298434[/snapback]

? Corey Moore was selected in 2000. I didn't start posting until March 2002. You have the wrong guy.

I hear you PIZ. Guess one never really knows who will be able to continue excelling after the jump from college to the NFL.

So i guess as a fan when it come to players one prefer seeing drafted, it is a lot just gut feeling and having a "crush" on a certain player. Impossible to keep up with all the possibilities and to compare them, when one gets past the first round or two.

?  Corey Moore was selected in 2000. I didn't start posting until March 2002. You have the wrong guy.

298443[/snapback]

No, I meant I was the guy who was delighted when we drafted Moore, so I question my own judgement of another small superstar college player.

• 3 weeks later...

While watching the video clip I noticed that during his runs that he was basically untouched. What happens when he does get hit...he falls down that’s what! This guy will get hammered in the NFL. If you want to see a big physical back, that will be available in later rounds, look toward OSU's Vernand Morency. V led the nation in rushing for the majority of the season and almost never went down on first contact.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2005/morency_vernand

While watching the video clip I noticed that during his runs that he was basically untouched.  What happens when he does get hit...he falls down that’s what!  This guy will get hammered in the NFL.  If you want to see a big physical back, that will be available in later rounds, look toward OSU's Vernand Morency.  V led the nation in rushing for the majority of the season and almost never went down on first contact.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2005/morency_vernand

313804[/snapback]

Th Houston Problem may have a steal in this kid...might be Thurmal-like in that he fell through the cracks until taken in a later round. Good pick by Capers & co.