AB accused for 3 instances of sexual assualt & rape against 1 woman. Lawsuit filed against him

Reed83HOF

“If at any time prior to the end of the 2019 League Year, Player: … takes any action that materially undermines the public’s respect for, or is materially critical of, the Club, Player’s teammates or the Club’s ownership, coaches, management, operations or policies then, upon election of the Club, the guarantees set forth in this section 27 will be null and void, whether or not any such guarantee otherwise had been earned in accordance with the terms thereof.”

If the Patriots were to invoke that clause as having been violated by this week’s lawsuit, it’s believed the team could waive Brown with no penalties. Whether or not that is a consideration might ultimately hinge on the information that becomes available in the next few days —whether coming from Brown, his accuser or the talks between the NFL and both of those parties.

https://sports.yahoo.com/as-patriots-scramble-for-info-nfl-looks-to-move-quickly-on-antonio-brown-probe-235416302.html

9 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

This makes no sense. Why would she take a meeting with the nfl. Anything discussed would be admissible in court. I cant beleive her lawyer would agree to this. She would essentially be using the nfl as third party investegators. Unless the whole idea is to get a nice settlement.

3 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

This makes no sense. Why would she take a meeting with the nfl. Anything discussed would be admissible in court. I cant beleive her lawyer would agree to this. She would essentially be using the nfl as third party investegators. Unless the whole idea is to get a nice settlement.

Part of me thinks it's a money grab, but part of me thinks it's a woman who is completely disgusted by an individual who did her wrong. She filed a Civil suit because it only takes a majority. In cases like this a criminal conviction is harder to obtain. The Civil suit also only involves $$$. OJ won the criminal case, but lost the Civil suit. Who knows what the heck is going on here really? I don't know if things will be any more clear after statements by any or all parties involved. One thing I do believe is clear is, outside of some completely damning evidence coming out against Antonio Brown, he will be suiting up for the Pats the rest of the season. 

24 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

The NFL is doing an investigation, and she is cooperating with the investigation. The NFL is not allowed to subpoena any non-NFL employees which can sometimes impede their investigations (ie Josh Brown’s wife). She is meeting with them so they can do the investigation. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

58 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

I know that this may seem odd to a Putz fan 

ever hear of due process???

something every team does.  

Those who don’t have drug dealers (2) 

Those who don’t have murderers (under contract) and known gang associations. 

Those who don’t have owners that get hand   jobs at massage parlors. 

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

If you imagine that Brown signed with the Titans or Panthers or some other team instead of the Patriots it will make perfect sense to you too.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The NFL is doing an investigation, and she is cooperating with the investigation. The NFL is not allowed to subpoena any non-NFL employees which can sometimes impede their investigations (ie Josh Brown’s wife). She is meeting with them so they can do the investigation. 

My point being no lawyer worth hos salt would  allow his client to talk to a third party since it hasnt gone to trail yet. 

By talking to the nfl she risks her case in trial court.

1 minute ago, 4merper4mer said:

If you imagine that Brown signed with the Titans or Panthers or some other team instead of the Patriots it will make perfect sense to you too.

It has nothing to do with who i root for. Pats dont need him. Im just wondering what her lawyers motive is.

3 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

My point being no lawyer worth hos salt would  allow his client to talk to a third party since it hasnt gone to trail yet. 

By talking to the nfl she risks her case in trial court.

It has nothing to do with who i root for. Pats dont need him. Im just wondering what her lawyers motive is.

It’s not really a risk as the lawyer will be there screening every question. It’s actually likely a positive as it allows for another piece of corroboration (even if it’s just verbal reaffirmation) that’ll be added to the case file. Furthermore, If the lawyer doesn’t like the way it goes for any reason, he can scrap the whole deal and it’ll never see the inside of the courthouse. By going she adds credence to her claims. - at least superficially. 

6 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

That’s what drives you nuts?

Yes. Because people act like Brady did nothing wrong, or got screwed over a petty thing like soft balls. It went a lot deeper if anyone bothered to look. What info was he destroying on his phone?

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

If by him you mean AB

THEN why did they sign him??????

Because instead of beating people by 20 they can beat them by 30.

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Yes. Because people act like Brady did nothing wrong, or got screwed over a petty thing like soft balls. It went a lot deeper if anyone bothered to look.

If you bothered to look it really didnt. Wells stated Brady cooperated fully. Wells also told Brady he didnt need his cell phone because he already had the team issued cell phones

Edited by Chris66
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1