Antonio Brown RELEASED, signed by PATS

Chandler#81

8 minutes ago, stosh64 said:

What does this mean??

I think he's trying to insult the Carr QB brothers after David Carr reported that Derek Carr had worked hard with AB in the off-season and was looking forward to playing with him, but that his predominant emotion when the news of Brown's release hit was "relief"

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

twitter/instagram/facebook. they feed on attention and social media is their platform for attention but it is also a demon with all the negative stuff getting deep in to his head.

kid needs help.

30 million would've gotten him a great therapist.

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Part of me think this is absolutely hilarious.  Another part feels bad because we are laughing at a mentally ill person. 

I genuinely  think he just thinks he’s going to get another huge paycheck and it’s only a matter of time, 

From whom?  The Bills refused to give him a huge paycheck and he shat on the team that did give it to him. 

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

Actually, if BB does end up signing him, won’t that make him even dumber than Beane?

Did you happen to catch the Albert Breer tweet up thread about how the Bills and “every other team” interested in AB at the time walked away when it was learned he wanted to tear up his existing deal? That only the Raiders agreed? If Beane is as dumb as you keep insisting he is, then he’s in some good company around the league, apparently. 

Why do you insist on comparing the Bills to the Pats?  I love this team and hate the Pats, but we’re in different leagues right now.  When you win 6 SBs, players buy into your culture more and you get the benefit of the doubt.  BB has made a ton of bad moves but they always end up winning in the end.  The Bills don’t have that luxury yet.  

For thr record, I don’t think Beane is a dumb guy.  I think he is dumb for pursuing this idiot in the first place.  Besides the Raiders, a dumb team, I missed all the other teams reported to be close to a trade for Brown.  Whatever, we dodged a nuke but we wanted that nuke in the first place. 

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think he's trying to insult the Carr QB brothers after David Carr reported that Derek Carr had worked hard with AB in the off-season and was looking forward to playing with him, but that his predominant emotion when the news of Brown's release hit was "relief"

The first time premature ejection is a good thing.

8 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

He definitely copy and pasted that from his agent.  

He is definitely one of those people who has never been told how stupid or wrong they are enough.  They go through life thinking it’s always someone else’s fault.   thank god thise type of people never get any real power.  They are extremely dangerous.  

Lots of innuendo in your posts today.

I feel like you're really trying to say something, just spit it out.

Or would that better belong in PPP

16 minutes ago, Yav said:

Time will tell. The NFL does some strange things. Last year KC kicked Hunt out and he's not on the Browns all while Hill beats his kid and he got a new contract. Clearly KC doesn't mind a good kid beating but keep your hands off your wife. Point is NFL teams only care about the bottom line and winning. 

I really don't think AB is off his rocker, I think this was a damn good plan going into all of this. The Steelers were not going to release him so he forced a trade and that contract was stupid, I get the voidable on guarantee but seriously they were easy to meet and yet he gave the Raiders a way to void them and in turn let him walk with out paying a penny. Then you add in the antics with the helmet, there is no way that dude is that far off his rocker.

He will be on another team and I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up in NE and has a great year and wins a SB. He wants to be on a team that will get him the ball as much as possible and NE fits that bill.

I don’t get this thought process at all?

So the premise is that AB wanted to be on a good team like NE.  So he acted nuts in Pittsburgh for 2 plus years to get a big extension there (a winning franchise with a HOF QB and an African American head coach) to force his way out via trade to a team like the Raiders - so he could be free to sign in NE?

Then he has forethought to plan to force whatever team he is traded to to write him a big contract extension with lots of guaranteed money - just so that he can act insane to get that contract voided so that he can then sign a minimum/low level contract with what ever team he wanted.

That is AB level of crazy in a theory because if he wanted to go wherever he wanted - he could of not signed the original Pittsburgh contract and forced himself to be a FA as they already had Bell on the franchise tag.

Now how about we truly look at this logically.  AB has been all about the money for years.  He is/was a great player, but he wanted to be paid like the best and have that money guaranteed.  Pittsburgh gave him a fair contract and he took it just before the WR market exploded and suddenly the contract there was not good enough.  The erratic behavior got worse as he felt undervalued.  Finally last season it came to a head after getting into Tomlin’s dog house and he disappeared the last week with a chance to make the playoffs and after the fines and comments wanted out of Pittsburgh.

Several teams inquire, but when it becomes known he wants a big extension with upfront money - most teams including the Bills back off.  The Raiders eventually work out a deal with huge money and guarantees and AB seems content.  The Raiders give him a ton of freedom and back him in the cryogenic foot issue and the helmet issue.  After those are decided- the GM comments he needs to come back, but AB skips additional practices and a walk through (similar to Pittsburgh). The Raiders fine him and he explodes and then goes after the GM. 

Here is is where I think your theory falls apart.  If he really wanted to be gone - why would he apologize- he would have doubled down and he would have been suspended and cut anyway.  Why did he apologize- because the real driving force is and was the guaranteed money!!!!!  When he learned that he could lose that - he immediately came crawling back with a tear filled team apology.  Everything was great - except the team informed them personally and via a formal letter he was being fined and the wording “could” void his guarantees.  

The potential loss of the money then precipitates the bizarre video call with Gruden and the release me statement.

Now he is free to sign, but who is going to pay him 30+ million in bonuses and 1 million per game.  I think everyone saying he will be back is probably wrong - it is not a team he wants - it money and respect and I can not see him taking a 5-6 million dollar prove it deal with no guarantees - even from NE.  He is looking for 16+ million and now with the Julio Jones signing he will expect even more.  I think he is done until he decides to play for less and see what happens.

That is my opinion, but it seems to make sense with his behavior much more than he wanted to be in NE from the beginning.

Just now, Doc said:

From whom?  The Bills refused to give him a huge paycheck and he shat on the team that did give it to him. 

We’ve been over it bro.  If AB wanted to here, he’d be here a nice salary.  Agree to disagree.  This is the same regime that traded two picks for KB after seeing what a fatty he was on Carolina.  They make mistakes.  And lucky, because AB didn’t want to come here, they avoided another on.

https://buffalonews.com/2019/03/26/antonio-brown-buffalo-bills-trade-nfl-pittsburgh-steelers-boomin-experience-podcast/

”Brown clearly didn’t think the Bills, with quarterback Josh Allen, were a good enough team for him to consider.

Rosenhaus tells Brown on the audio of the phone call: “Like when the Bills called me today, and they said if we make the trade what are you guys looking for? And I wouldn’t even give them a number because I know you’d rather not go there.”

“Yeah, don’t even waste time,” Brown replied.

“I really want you to have a good quarterback and to be in a ... winning environment, man,” Rosenhaus tells his client. “New England and Philadelphia, these are two of the last Super Bowl champs, you know?

“I wouldn’t rule Oakland out, but I don’t want to get your hopes up,” Rosenhaus said. “We want to make sure we go to a team we want to play for.””