Dan Snyder: 20 years (and counting) of mediocrity

notwoz

The Washington Post looks at the 20 years of mediocrity under the year reign of the 'Skins' short, meddling owner Dan Snyder. As a boy (according to his mythology), he dreamed owning the team. I hope that the Bills have turned the corner toward the promised land after their own odyssey through the desert. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/09/03/two-decades-later-nfl-peers-view-daniel-snyders-redskins-tenure-with-mix-worry-optimism/

Snyder is a meddling owner who treats the Redskins like it is his fantasy football team. He doesn't trust his football people, but instead installs "yes men" like Bruce Allen.  Those who disagree with him don't last.   I've heard stories from people who have worked for him; let's just say he's not exactly a humble person.  Demanding and seems to think of himself as better than others.

11 minutes ago, notwoz said:

The Washington Post looks at the 20 years of mediocrity under the year reign of the 'Skins' short, meddling owner Dan Snyder. As a boy (according to his mythology), he dreamed owning the team. I hope that the Bills have turned the corner toward the promised land after their own odyssey through the desert. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/09/03/two-decades-later-nfl-peers-view-daniel-snyders-redskins-tenure-with-mix-worry-optimism/

Its true.    

I love hearing the local radio sports people ragging on him.   

Used to live there during the Riggins - Theismann - Gibbs glory years. They were a smart, hell, a textbook organization with obnoxious fans. Glad to see what has happened to that organization since. I don't see them ever becoming great while owned by Snyder, happily.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Its true.    

I love hearing the local radio sports people ragging on him.   

Seriously.  I don't think I've ever head a team owner as universally loathed as Snyder.  He's more hated in DC than Art Modell is in Cleveland, which is pretty frickin' unbelievable.  To be that universally reviled, you can't just be a normal #######.  You have to work at it.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Snyder is a meddling owner who treats the Redskins like it is his fantasy football team. He doesn't trust his football people, but instead installs "yes men" like Bruce Allen.  Those who disagree with him don't last.   I've heard stories from people who have worked for him; let's just say he's not exactly a humble person.  Demanding and seems to think of himself as better than others.

...classic quite from Snyder back in 1999 when there was potential labor unrest..."WE have to realize what WE have built here"......the POS did squat as far as "building"......he "bought his way in" ironically in 1999....he's all yours DEADSKINS..........

11 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Used to live there during the Riggins - Theismann - Gibbs glory years. They were a smart, hell, a textbook organization with obnoxious fans. Glad to see what has happened to that organization since. I don't see them ever becoming great while owned by Snyder, happily.

I moved to the area about the time of the Joe Gibbs era and the team's popularity was at a fever pitch. I quickly realized that the best time to go grocery shopping was when the "skins were playing. Nobody was in the stores, they were all watching the game. It was like I had the store to myself! 

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, notwoz said:

I don't think that Ralph Wilson's problem was ego other than in a few isolated instances.  Ralph believed in the bottom line over field performance.  He also as others pointed out believed in filling the larger pocket being the NFL versus the right pocket being the Bills further believing that the trickle down would fill the Bills' pocket.

16 minutes ago, notwoz said:

I moved to the area about the time of the Joe Gibbs era and the team's popularity was at a fever pitch. I quickly realized that the best time to go grocery shopping was when the "skins were playing. Nobody was in the stores, they were all watching the game. It was like I had the store to myself! 

...Snyder is a "more money than brains Jurrah" owner clone....every year of failure is a "job well done"...in which I revel............