Team U.S.A roster announced

Some players from last year's bronze-medal winning team in Prague have been brought back, including Edmonton Oilers goalie Ty Conklin, forward Richard Park of the Minnesota Wild and defenceman Aaron Miller of the Los Angeles Kings.

Joining Park, Modano and Weight up front are Mike York of the Edmonton Oilers, Jeff Halpern of the Washington Capitals, David Legwand of the Nashville Predators, Mike Knuble of the Philadelphia Flyers, Brian Gionta of the New Jersey Devils, Erik Cole and Matt Cullen of the Carolina Hurricanes and Mark Parrish of the New York Islanders.

A young and talented blue-line features Miller, Jordan Leopold of the Calgary Flames, Paul Martin of the New Jersey Devils, John-Michael Liles of the Colorado Avalanche, Hal Gill of the Boston Bruins and German leaguer Andy Roach, who scored a pair of sensational shootout goals last year. His efforts helped the U.S. knock off the host Czechs in the quarter-final and Slovakia in the bronze medal game.

Islanders goaltender Rick DiPietro, the youngest member of the team at 23, and veteran Tim Thomas of the AHL's Providence Bruins will join Conklin.

Team U.S.A Roster

That's a young roster. I'm suprised guys like Guerin, Tkachuk, Roenick and Amonte got left off, but I guess since it's not the olympics they don't really care. The blueline looks pretty good though, outside of Hal Gill.

They still are going to add three players yet.... so maybe Scott Gomez will be one of the additions

297559[/snapback]

I sincerely hope not, as that'll mean the Aces are out of the ECHL playoffs. Last night they clinched their first ever division title and one more win guarantees them home ice throughout the conference finals. It'd be nice to see one of the great hockey towns in America see a championship led by their favorite son who is playing for $500 a week when he could have added a whole slew of zeros to his check by playing overseas during this fiasco.

I sincerely hope not, as that'll mean the Aces are out of the ECHL playoffs.  Last night they clinched their first ever division title and one more win guarantees them home ice throughout the conference finals.  It'd be nice to see one of the great hockey towns in America see a championship led by their favorite son who is playing for $500 a week when he could have added a whole slew of zeros to his check by playing overseas during this fiasco.

297600[/snapback]

That does sound really great Darin , good luck to him and team....

That's a young roster. I'm suprised guys like Guerin, Tkachuk, Roenick and Amonte got left off, but I guess since it's not the olympics they don't really care. The blueline looks pretty good though, outside of Hal Gill.

297555[/snapback]

A couple of weeks ago, I read they were going to go with the younger players, because it has been most of them that have been skating in other leagues. Many of the older players have not been participating in European leagues, so are thought to be a bit out of shape for such an intense tournament.