Online Deer Hunting in real-time

Llive-Shot.com is a new site that allows people to shoot firearms in real- time from the comfort of your desktop. They are in next few weeks going to have real - time deer hunting. At present a person may shot at target or exotic game. Thankfully they have not set up rifles in a neighbourhood near you... yikes

This is what the site says about itself:

LIVE-SHOT is a new concept. You can challenge yourself and compare your skills to other members with our on-line target shooting. We have developed a system where you can control a pan/tilt/zoom camera and a firearm to shoot at real targets in real time.

While your membership is active, access the viewing cameras to see how others stack up to your abilities, control the pan/tilt/zoom camera to take a look around, and schedule a reservation for your on-line shooting experience.

Currently, shooters will be able to fire 10 (ten) .22 caliber rounds at paper and silhouette targets. You may also have a DVD recording and/or the paper target from the session shipped as an option. Look for additional, varied shooting systems along with competitions to come online soon.

online hunting

Authorities in various states are most concerned with this

Concerned

:blush:

Yeah, this was posted a month or two ago.  Since then, some states (including Wisconsin) have made it a crime to hunt on the internet.  Go figure.

CW

297498[/snapback]

The general idea is to not allow hunting of game to sink to the level of human endeavor that gets it's rocks off by dehumanizing things such as "Grand Theft Auto".

The general idea is to not allow hunting of game to sink to the level of human endeavor that gets it's rocks off by dehumanizing things such as "Grand Theft Auto".

297534[/snapback]

But deer aren't humans, so you're dehumanizing anything. :blush:

Personally, I don't care either way. I just found it amusing that our lawmakers had to jump on this one ASAP.

CW

But deer aren't humans, so you're dehumanizing anything. :)

CW

297673[/snapback]

So much for deer. What about the GTA crowd? :ph34r:

Now, I remember a world before:

background checks

security cameras

antitheft packaging

carjacking

drive-by shootings

zero-tolerance schools

former employee killings

school expulsions for potatoe chip representations

school massacres

hot coffee lawsuits

internet pedophilia

and so forth.

Watcha think changed? :)

But deer aren't humans, so you're dehumanizing anything. :ph34r:

Personally, I don't care either way.  I just found it amusing that our lawmakers had to jump on this one ASAP.

CW

297673[/snapback]

what, are the Deer on steroids to help them react quicker to the shot? Come on Congress!! Go get 'em!!!

also, I don't advocate this kind of "hunting" at all. Now online Stevestojan hunting??? Hey AD, want to make arrangements to meet Steve somewhere and we can all talk about this? Steve, don't tell anyone where we are meeting, OK?

So much for deer. What about the GTA crowd? :ph34r:

Now, I remember a world before:

background checks

security cameras

antitheft packaging

carjacking

drive-by shootings

zero-tolerance schools

former employee killings

school expulsions for potatoe chip representations

school massacres

hot coffee lawsuits

internet pedophilia

and so forth.

Watcha think changed? :)

297702[/snapback]

I hope you're not trying to blame video games on these problems... Correlation does not imply causation.

CW

also, I don't advocate this kind of "hunting" at all. Now online Stevestojan hunting??? Hey AD, want to make arrangements to meet Steve somewhere and we can all talk about this? Steve, don't tell anyone where we are meeting, OK?

297708[/snapback]

:ph34r::)

I hope you're not trying to blame video games on these problems...  Correlation does not imply causation.

CW

297709[/snapback]

Bull.

All the words in the world do not change the fact that education is in the main part a matter of imitation, for all species. It's built upon, but if the underpinning is rotten, the house is crippled.

Why do all these things happen these days? Is there no cause? Are there no thoughts in yourself about why such things as GTA are popular?

C'mon - a whole lot of young people can't pinpoint the location of one ocean. Of course they are malleable...

EDIT:

And, still, how come all those negative things occur these days but not in years past? Forget video games - why is this?

Bull.

All the words in the world do not change the fact that education is in the main part a matter of imitation, for all species.  It's built upon, but if the underpinning is rotten, the house is crippled.

Why do all these things happen these days? Is there no cause? Are there no thoughts in yourself about why such things as GTA are popular?

C'mon - a whole lot of young people can't pinpoint the location of one ocean. Of course they are malleable...

EDIT:

And, still, how come all those negative things occur these days but not in years past? Forget video games - why is this?

297720[/snapback]

This stuff has been going on for a LONG time, but the media is just much more pervasive than it was before so we hear about every little thing that, in the past, we would never have known about.

Remember in the early 80s when everyone was trying to say that playing Dungeons and Dragons caused kids to kill people? Ever hear of Lizzy Borden? That happened in the 1800's. Charles Manson? Hell, Vincent Van Gogh cut off his ear and mailed it to his girlfriend. That's pretty twisted.

This crap's been going on forever, it's just being hyped by the media more. Video games, music, role playing games, etc, have nothing to do with it. I'll admit that lack of parenting is probably escalating it, but that has nothing to do with games/movies/etc; bad parenting has ALWAYS been linked to bad children.

You can't say, "Playing video games makes people violent!" just like you can't say, "Listening to heavy metal music makes people violent!" There's just no link there.

CW

297720[/snapback]

Families have become two-income households. Couple that with Americans working longer hours means that parents are spending less time with their kids. Also, factor in the increase in single parent households. Also a factor is the empowerment of kids over authority figures. Try disciplining a child in school. You will have the ACLU all over you before you knew what happened. Try disciplining a child in your home. Family Services will have you locked up and your kid will be in a foster home.

Blaming inanimate objects is the easy way out.

Families have become two-income households. Couple that with Americans working longer hours means that parents are spending less time with their kids. Also, factor in the increase in single parent households. Also a factor is the empowerment of kids over authority figures. Try disciplining a child in school. You will have the ACLU all over you before you knew what happened. Try disciplining a child in your home. Family Services will have you locked up and your kid will be in a foster home.

297735[/snapback]

Ok, your answer was exactly what I was trying to say, only you did it much better. :ph34r:

CW

297735[/snapback]

How come no one has mentioned the "Bledsoe Factor"?

He is responsible.

297735[/snapback]

It's a helluva lot easier than assuming responsibility.

It used to be comic books were censored and had to be approved by a governmental agency in the 40s and 50s. Then it was music, and now it's video games. It's always "something" corrupting the kids, yet adults fail to consider that maybe, just maybe, it's their actions in the real world that have the real adverse effect on children's behavior.

I guess people are too busy blaming poor role models to realize that they're not being a very good one themselves. :ph34r:

It's a helluva lot easier than assuming responsibility.

It used to be comic books were censored and had to be approved by a governmental agency in the 40s and 50s.  Then it was music, and now it's video games.  It's always "something" corrupting the kids, yet adults fail to consider that maybe, just maybe, it's their actions in the real world that have the real adverse effect on children's behavior.

I guess people are too busy blaming poor role models to realize that they're not being a very good one themselves.  :ph34r:

297747[/snapback]

Rule #1: Always blame an inanimate object.

Rule #2: If that cannot be done, try to find a single person (other than yourself) to blame for your failings. Blaming a group does not work unless they are an eeeeevil corporation.

Rule #3: If Rule #2 does not work, return to Rule #1.

Ya know, I had to delete a post because of you broadband people beating us DUN's to the punch. :ph34r:

:)

297757[/snapback]

Are you trying to say that broadband causes people to misbehave?????? :)

CW

Did you read KRC's post.....?

And I didn't think I latched onto video games at all in my rebuttal - I mentioned heavy metal music and Dungeons and Dragons, which were also persecuted for being a negative influence on children.  Heck, from what I've read, didn't people think Elvis' hip gyrations were causing kids to do "bad" things?

What changed?  As KRC said, parenting, plain and simple.

CW

297752[/snapback]

NO. See above. :ph34r: