OAK planning to suspend AB (edit: apologized, playing)

Reed83HOF

1 minute ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Literally my first thought.

It's funny now, it won't be when Brady is lining up with AB / Gordon wide and Edelman in the slot.

If it happens, it happens.  I will just repeat that anyone taking on AB is risking their locker room.

Then again, having AB punching out BB would be gold!

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Agreed, and Gruden loves AB and wants AB.  

I think this current situation is as much on Mayock as AB.  People are going to pile on AB, and I get it, totally reasonable.  But, Mayock has handled his relationship with AB poorly and that has led to this being so turbulent IMO.  

How do you figure it's on Mayock at all he's tired of the BS get rid of the jerk sure he is a talent but there is a old saying 

"To much S**T for a nickel" and that's what you get with this guy he's a cancer pure & simple & he will never be happy because he has been shown or they have let him get away with to much & once the box is open it's hard to get it shut again !!

I just can't wait to see what happens with the younger guys that are paying attention & will duplicate the AB syndrome ?

11 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Agreed, and Gruden loves AB and wants AB.  

I think this current situation is as much on Mayock as AB.  People are going to pile on AB, and I get it, totally reasonable.  But, Mayock has handled his relationship with AB poorly and that has led to this being so turbulent IMO.  

I usually always agree with you but not this one.  There's just a certain limit, doesn't matter how sensitive/diva like someone is, you can't continue to coddle.  They've done that.  They've stretched it as far as it can.  I'm willing to bet there are even more things the media doesn't know about.  

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Reed83HOF said:

And this goes along with what I said in the other post. Treat everyone the same whether undrafted free agent you kept or a star player. Anyone and everyone around the league can see that AB is just a :censored: whack job at this point. He will likely never even wear a Raiders' jersey during the regular season now. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

How is Davis and Boldin a reflection of Beanes ability to manage personalities?  I don’t see any correlation of any kind between them and Beanes ability to manage player personalities.  And honestly, it’s pretty ridiculous to blame Beane for those guys retiring.

But you’re acting if would any different here.  If Beane was this great, he won’t have made Buffalo a punchline after the AB trade fell through.

but it’s water on the bridge now.  Much better to be lucky than good I guess.

35 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Because he is paid to give his opinion.  In this instance I agree with him.  I think Brown has been finding new ways not to play football all the way back to last season. 

Not all sure about that. Why find way to not play football when retirement is an easy option.

Antonio Brown is a Diva that thinks he’s bigger than the team.

13 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

How so? AB signed a contract that said he would be fined for missing practice, and he missed practice. Mayock should have... not fined him?

Didnt say that, it’s how Mayock has handled it.  He should have sat down face to face with him and not send a letter.  He shouldn’t have thrown AB under the bus in the media over the helmet while Gruden was saying they have his back.

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

But you’re acting if would any different here.  If Beane was this great, he won’t have made Buffalo a punchline after the AB trade fell through.

but it’s water on the bridge now.  Much better to be lucky than good I guess.

Beane has maintained that a deal with the Steelers was never done and Beane actually strongly defended his position and the city of Buffalo after that whole ordeal. Not sure how you can say Beane made Buffalo a punchline

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1