Some people are in wrong job. Emerg Oper mocks victim

Saxum

https://www.wivb.com/news/youre-not-going-to-die-911-dispatcher-mocks-drowning-woman-in-her-final-moments/

At first, Stevens called a family member, but she called 911 once she realized she could not get out of her car. 

“You’re not going to die,” dispatcher Donna Reneau said. “I don’t know why you’re freaking out. You freaking out is doing nothing but losing your oxygen in there. So calm down.”

Stevens says she didn’t realize she was driving into floodwaters and repeatedly apologized for the situation. “I’m scared. I’m sorry. I couldn’t see the water when I came up on it. It just all of a sudden hit me,” she said. 

Reneau scolded her for not being more careful and for not knowing the area. “This will teach you next time don’t drive in the water,” Reneau said. “We’ll get you help and get you out of there.”

“Miss Debbie, you’re going to have to shut up,” the dispatcher said. “Can you honk your horn?”

“My horn is dead,” Stevens said. “Everything is dead.”

“Miss Debbie? Miss Debbie?” Reneau said. “Oh my God. She sounds like she’s under water now.”

According to police, Reneau was working her final shift the day Stevens died. 

“We can’t investigate someone who no longer works here,” Baker said.

Convenient. You cannot investigate someone for dereliction to duty because it was "her last shift".  Does that apply to bartenders who serve drunk customers who then kill someone?  Cops who resign before investigation?

9 hours ago, Limeaid said:

https://www.wivb.com/news/youre-not-going-to-die-911-dispatcher-mocks-drowning-woman-in-her-final-moments/

At first, Stevens called a family member, but she called 911 once she realized she could not get out of her car. 

“You’re not going to die,” dispatcher Donna Reneau said. “I don’t know why you’re freaking out. You freaking out is doing nothing but losing your oxygen in there. So calm down.”

Stevens says she didn’t realize she was driving into floodwaters and repeatedly apologized for the situation. “I’m scared. I’m sorry. I couldn’t see the water when I came up on it. It just all of a sudden hit me,” she said. 

Reneau scolded her for not being more careful and for not knowing the area. “This will teach you next time don’t drive in the water,” Reneau said. “We’ll get you help and get you out of there.”

“Miss Debbie, you’re going to have to shut up,” the dispatcher said. “Can you honk your horn?”

“My horn is dead,” Stevens said. “Everything is dead.”

“Miss Debbie? Miss Debbie?” Reneau said. “Oh my God. She sounds like she’s under water now.”

According to police, Reneau was working her final shift the day Stevens died. 

“We can’t investigate someone who no longer works here,” Baker said.

Convenient. You cannot investigate someone for dereliction to duty because it was "her last shift".  Does that apply to bartenders who serve drunk customers who then kill someone?  Cops who resign before investigation?

Honestly... Yes... It sounds harsh.  But, is it?

My old man would have handled it the same way... Maybe sans the scolding part, that was a bit over the top for 2019.

People really should take swimming lessons.  All humans have ability to swim.

Also... Should have one of these in your vehicle:

71vlJ1NQOYL._SX466_.jpg

Get to the roof...

• Like (+1) 1