McCoy to Chiefs

mykidsdad

6 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Got no problem with this and good luck to Shady

but like I said......follow the money.   We were paying him NINE MILLION DOLLARS this year....signed a contract for 3 Million

If you would have offered us that deal he would probably still be here.

Please stop it with the 9 million dollars, John.  We were paying him a salary of $6M.  Most of the remainder was amortized signing bonus from when we renegotiated his contract years ago, cap hit, different from what we're paying him.  This was addressed in a different thread. 

The reported deal with the Chiefs is $4M, not $3M - it's $3M guaranteed.  I guarantee you (see what I did there?) the Bills did NOT want to pay him guaranteed money in case his playing trajectory followed what it did last year.  So no, offered the same deal I don't think he'd still be here.

#Factsmatter

That aside, I think the Bills ideal is to build an offense that will be together for some years, and whether his salary is $6.x M or $4M, the real question is if Singletary is really ready, how many touches would McCoy get?  And would he be happy?  What young developing player would the Bills have to cut to keep McCoy?  It's not all money, clearly.

KC should be a great situation for him - strong OL and an established passing threat.

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Please stop it with the 9 million dollars, John.  We were paying him a salary of $6M.  Most of the remainder was amortized signing bonus from when we renegotiated his contract years ago, cap hit, different from what we're paying him.  This was addressed in a different thread. 

The reported deal with the Chiefs is $4M, not $3M - it's $3M guaranteed.  I guarantee you (see what I did there?) the Bills did NOT want to pay him guaranteed money in case his playing trajectory followed what it did last year.  So no, offered the same deal I don't think he'd still be here.

#Factsmatter

That aside, I think the Bills ideal is to build an offense that will be together for some years, and whether his salary is $6.x M or $4M, the real question is if Singletary is really ready, how many touches would McCoy get?  And would he be happy?  What young developing player would the Bills have to cut to keep McCoy?  It's not all money, clearly.

KC should be a great situation for him - strong OL and an established passing threat.

Where's the thread you created to replace the cut update thread? Had a hard time finding that.

Thanks.

6 hours ago, mykidsdad said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1168011282693414912?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

I'm happy for Shady. I wish him the best. He will probably have shot at SB, too.

More detail:

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2019/09/ex-buffalo-bills-rb-lesean-mccoy-joining-kansas-city-chiefs.html

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

Where's the thread you created to replace the cut update thread? Had a hard time finding that.

Thanks.

Feel free, I'll pin

4 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

TE'S are garbage,  Beasley is ok but not much play making talent on offensive side of the football.  

Check out Premier Gourmet on NF Blvd. They have an incredible selection of cheeses that will pair beautifully with all of that whine.

They've played zero regular season snaps; why not park this bus until you see them play half a series?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

#Factsmatter

.....win-win for Shady & KC........he gets $3 mil guaranteed, Chiefs don't inherit $6 mil salary (if traded for), reunites with Andy and is on legitimate SB contender in what could be his last year...I'd call that a "soft landing"...........

3 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Check out Premier Gourmet on NF Blvd. They have an incredible selection of cheeses that will pair beautifully with all of that whine.

They've played zero regular season snaps; why not park this bus until you see them play half a series?

Hey i hope i am wrong on this,  but i just don't have any faith in this HC and how he thinks you win in this league.  You could be right, so there is no need to name call,  this is sports and we have to wait and see what happens.  I just don't see much talent on offensive side of the football

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

.....win-win for Shady & KC........he gets $3 mil guaranteed, Chiefs don't inherit $6 mil salary (if traded for), reunites with Andy and is on legitimate SB contender in what could be his last year...I'd call that a "soft landing"...........

Yes, agreed.  Plus the Chiefs are well positioned to help him succeed - strong passing game, and a coach who knows how to set up the run.

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yes, agreed.  Plus the Chiefs are well positioned to help him succeed - strong passing game, and a coach who knows how to set up the run.

....and he is not looked upon as their "plowhorse" by Andy IMO.......could easily see him being an integral part of Mahomes' passing game......

2 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Hey i hope i am wrong on this,  but i just don't have any faith in this HC and how he thinks you win in this league.  You could be right, so there is no need to name call,  this is sports and we have to wait and see what happens.  I just don't see much talent on offensive side of the football

I didn't name-call. I said you're whining.

FWIW, I completely agree that the offense doesn't have a single player that keeps opposing DCs awake at night (aside from Allen's play making ability). That doesn't, however, mean that they can't be successful. Like I said: NE won a super bowl that way last year.

• Thank you (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, Playoffs? said:

Regarding Shady, can someone explain why this was a money move for Buffalo that truly made sense this year?  I get that he was overpaid given the output.... but unless we were using that 6M to help bring in a big name player, why not just pay him?... get rid of Yeldon instead. (Id take Shady straight up over Yeldon).  We weren’t in cap trouble.. and he leaves next season.  Or is the explanation simply that Terry gets to save money?

You’re right re Shady > Yeldon. I actually think Murphy is better than Yeldon. But I am wondering too whether the Bills were thinking that while Yeldon is a good guy to have as your third stringer (who may not even dress most Sundays), you can’t make Shady your third stringer or else there would be a lot of drama. 

Just now, thebandit27 said:

I didn't name-call. I said you're whining.

FWIW, I completely agree that the offense doesn't have a single player that keeps opposing DCs awake at night (aside from Allen's play making ability). That doesn't, however, mean that they can't be successful. Like I said: NE won a super bowl that way last year.

This is big problem,  you can talk about all the new players they have on offense all you want.  Would be nice to bring 

2 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

It’s a good place for McCoy.  But their D will fail them again.  

No,  their GM went out and traded for Frank.  Who cares about adding endless average talent players,  you need elite play makers on both sides of the ball and they have it.  We have zero elite play makers.

37 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

They have success since Reid arrived,  unlike Sean he understands that you have to throw the football to win in this league.  Our HC still thinks caveman football works,  we most likely would have had Mahomes had Sean not been our HC.   We have traded away talented players for low end picks,  this roster is very thin of any talent on offensive side of the ball.  You cannot win like that

And yet for years, after acquiring Alex Smith, the Chiefs ranked far higher for rush attempts 1 than for pass attempts (usually in the 20's on the passing and teens on the run).  Why is that, Bright Eyes?

You have said that bolded thing multiple times in this thread and other threads.  We've heard you already.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

This is big problem,  you can talk about all the new players they have on offense all you want.  Would be nice to bring 

No,  their GM went out and traded for Frank.  Who cares about adding endless average talent players,  you need elite play makers on both sides of the ball and they have it.  We have zero elite play makers.

Honestly, 2 things:

1) your posts trail off and sometimes stop abruptly with zero logical conclusion. Makes it difficult to have a discussion.

2) you tend to think in a vacuum. Why did KC trade a first round pick for Frank Clark? Because they traded away one of their best pass rushers for a 2nd rounder and cut their other top pass rusher. They also didn't re-sign their best DB (Eric Berry). KC is NOT the example you want to point to for elite talent on both sides of the ball.