Lesean McCoy cut!

5 minutes ago, White Linen said:

I don't think someone should have to read through 17 pages to see if their thought has already been expressed. 

He wasn't looking for an answer. He just made a statement.

The point is that his lack of trade value is not the "surprising" part---as many have pointed on every other page.

1 minute ago, blogic2 said:

"Came out of left field" and "didn't talk to him first" are not quite the same thing, right?  It can "come out of left field" in the sense of McCoy not expecting it, but still be handled properly in the sense of Beane calling him up and talking to him before it was announced.

11 minutes ago, nucci said:

but it's the last year of his contract...if they don't want to pay him, fine but it's not a cap issue....his contract is done after this season

It's cap money for next year if u roll it over. It's also a salary savings. If you think the other guys get you the same production why pay him the several million dollar salary

I'm really shocked.

LeSean McCoy is the best RB we have had on this team since Thurman, and McCoy is still a very good player.

If the Bills were not interested in keeping him after this year, fine. I just think that having McCoy & Gore was a powerful tandem, and then have Singletary work his way up.

I'm a Bills fan first, and if they feel that McCoy is not in the cards this year, so be it.

This does sting. I was a big fan of Shady, and I feel that a lot of fans on this board never appreciated him, and wanted him gone the minute we traded for him.

Best of luck to Shady in wherever he goes from here. He was a damn good player for us, and I will miss him.

GO BILLS!!!

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I've been saying since last year's trade deadline that it was a mistake not to send Shady back to Philly when they had a real need for him.  

If Beane was holding out for more than he was offered, the gamble failed, as we aren't getting anything for Shady now.

Edited by Nextmanup

26 minutes ago, MJS said:

Yep, those people were surprised too. If they say they weren't they are not being truthful.

We all know now he didn't have trade value. And we are all surprised by that.

It’s not shocking that a 31 year old back coming off a bad season on an expensive contract wasn’t in demand.  

Hed need a new deal unless a team was desperate and he strikes me as the type that wouldn’t be particularly accommodating to buffalo wanting to get assets in return. I had hoped he could be a minor sweetener for Clowney once their rb went down but....

put it another way- if there was an old back on a pricy deal out there today would you be eager to see beane looking at sending a pick for him?

4 minutes ago, WMDman said:

***** that at least trade him...

To who and for what? Note that his contract is important in the deal. 

The fact that McCoy didn't get traded just shows what the League as a whole thinks about him. He's close to done, and not worth that money. I expect he'll sign with KC to reunite with Andy and it'll be a nice, quiet retirement party. Also, I heard the Jets need a RB, wouldn't be shocked for him to go there. 

16 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Unless he gets him to re-sign later for $3 million...

You think shadys ego lends itself to tucking his tail and coming back cheap as a role player after all the talk of how he’s the top guy 

1 minute ago, NickelCity said:

I'm against this insofar as what Beane has been saying all off-season and trust between the front office and the locker room.

With 31 other teams you are the top guy til you aren’t. This isn’t unique.

31 minutes ago, nucci said:

but it's the last year of his contract...if they don't want to pay him, fine but it's not a cap issue....his contract is done after this season

Its an ROI issue. If he’s not impactfully better than the others, why pay him as an elite player? Go spend the dough on a guy that will hopefully move the needle more.

Just now, NoSaint said:

You think shadys ego lends itself to tucking his tail and coming back cheap as a role player after all the talk of how he’s the top guy 

Absolutely not. That’s why I said it would confirm Beane is a god.

my guess as of right now is that he sign in Houston. Second guess is the Jets.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

In a word, NO. Imo, it’s that ego that finds him at the unemployment office. He was great his first couple seasons. But a huge drop off in skills last season that is ridiculous to blame solely on OL play. Thank you, Shady. Best Wishes -except against us.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Its an ROI issue. If he’s not impactfully better than the others, why pay him as an elite player? Go spend the dough on a guy that will hopefully move the needle more.

I get it...just replying to someone saying the Bills did this to avoid "cap hell"

• Like (+1) 1