Bodine traded to the Patriots for a 6th round pick

HappyDays

I'm also hoping that this means Morse didn't have a "bad" (not that you can have a "good") concussion and was held out so long for over cautious reasons.  At any rate, Long is better than Bodine.  I really liked the Bodine signing last year, but the OL is so much better this year!!

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

CLOWNEY!!!!  Any other pass-rushers available?  

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

But I've heard several national media talking heads say we have the worst Oline in the league, how are our backups able to be traded for draft picks?

Injuries. Desperation from Pats here. he has experience, has been in a similar offense. They could have signed him after he got cut too. At least we got a pick. 

this tells me the pats are having big line issues.

one thing we are trying to do, and that billicheck does better than anyone, is keep some players how can play a few different positions.

He's had WRs at DB, RBs at WR, WR at RB, TE at WR, TE at RB, LBs who play from like safety down to DT in a 4 man obvious passing down, ILB who rush the passer vs certain formations, from the edge of the line up, and when there are injuries he's had RTs move to LG, C move to RT, and like a guy from the snack stand come in and long snap.

to me his greatest feat is engineering all of his schemes to put the player in a place where he is asked to do something he is capable of doing well, and not in a position where he is asked to do something he struggles with.  on the other side, he always tries to force players on the opponents into spots where they are just not comfortable.

I remember the 2nd game of the rex era, tyrod at home after a big indy win.  We scored a run it down their throats TD on the first drive, and forced a quick punt on their first drive.  he barked at the LBs on the sideline and then all of a sudden we couldn't run it anymore against them.  And they got some cheap calls and made some big plays to dismantle our overwrought D.

We were still in the game late, due to some just insane hero plays from tyrod (who just decided the following year to not attempt those anymore) but the same slow dirty d that couldn't cover jack vs us early just shut us down for big stretches of the game by confusing tyrod and keeping in the pocket.

i really really hope dabol picked up lots of lessons from all of that and has us always playing advantage.

Just now, colin said:

this tells me the pats are having big line issues.

one thing we are trying to do, and that billicheck does better than anyone, is keep some players how can play a few different positions.

He's had WRs at DB, RBs at WR, WR at RB, TE at WR, TE at RB, LBs who play from like safety down to DT in a 4 man obvious passing down, ILB who rush the passer vs certain formations, from the edge of the line up, and when there are injuries he's had RTs move to LG, C move to RT, and like a guy from the snack stand come in and long snap.

to me his greatest feat is engineering all of his schemes to put the player in a place where he is asked to do something he is capable of doing well, and not in a position where he is asked to do something he struggles with.  on the other side, he always tries to force players on the opponents into spots where they are just not comfortable.

I remember the 2nd game of the rex era, tyrod at home after a big indy win.  We scored a run it down their throats TD on the first drive, and forced a quick punt on their first drive.  he barked at the LBs on the sideline and then all of a sudden we couldn't run it anymore against them.  And they got some cheap calls and made some big plays to dismantle our overwrought D.

We were still in the game late, due to some just insane hero plays from tyrod (who just decided the following year to not attempt those anymore) but the same slow dirty d that couldn't cover jack vs us early just shut us down for big stretches of the game by confusing tyrod and keeping in the pocket.

i really really hope dabol picked up lots of lessons from all of that and has us always playing advantage.

It was surprising that Daboll and Johnson had Bodine playing G last night, a position I don't believe that he has played in the NFL before. He's been strictly a C. That could have put Bellichick over the edge.

• Like (+1) 2