Beatles Hypothetical

------------------------------------------

and the oldie i've thought about a few times....

George's Yellow Submarine contributions of It's All Too Much and Only A Northern Song

were already close to finished during the Sgt Pepper's sessions, but were shelved so Paul could give us the ghastly Rita and When I'm 64

Would have preferred IATM instead of one of them.

both were well ahead of the day they were composed, they were old hat by the release of YS...  :(  

he wrote IATM as an LSD tribute, then said he gave it up and IATM was a tribute to TM, got the same benefits from both, I won't even begin to question that.....

----------------------

and what fan wouldn't have wanted to continue with those tight jams of I'm So Tired and other Sexy Sadie and other throwaway masterpieces all over the White Album with all of them giving it 100%.

Ringo and Paul holding it together as it threatens to go off the side of the mountain.

Edited by row_33

even the panned Birthday!!!

side 3, some critics have called it the only time The Beatles were "really cool..."

a few friends have asked after side 3, who that was, and i tell them and they say "I never knew they went that heavy and together..."  hmmmm...

14 minutes ago, Rico said:

You can't read the Steve Hoffman forum without also reading the Stereo Central forum.

http://stereocentral.freeforums.net/

Just amazing.:worthy:

:lol::lol::lol:

amen

Edited by row_33

14 minutes ago, Rico said:

Someone should start a Bills Central forum. CBiscuit and others need a thread of their own. :D

it's fun when someone attacks Steve and i just sit there and read and see how it turns out...

another great forum for me is the fountainpennetwork, where i get to read arguments about MontBlanc pens and other valuable doodads among the experts.

admiration society here during a break from the rat race....

Edited by row_33

2 hours ago, row_33 said:

a few areas of interest have been helped out on SH's work.

just type anything into google for rock with his name....

should see who shows up for discussions, a few producers and people of some renown through the years

Since you got me started on the Hoffman site, it has raised a few questions.  Of the three threads I have partially read, one was thoughts on the White Album.  I know you are a big fan.  

When you listened to it, was it CD or Vinyl?  Fair number of posts are raving about the vinyl, although I know my ears could never tell the difference.  Some are complaining that some of the tracks sound compressed, or over-compressed.  I am not sure what they mean by that. Do you?

Now I am off to read a 120 post topic on, "Psychotic Reaction."?

Edited by Greybeard

Just now, row_33 said:

it's fun when someone attacks Steve and i just sit there and read and see how it turns out...

another great forum for me is the fountainpenforum, where i get to read arguments about MontBlanc pens among the experts.

admiration society here during a break from the rat race....

Yes! :lol: My favorite thread though is the MYKE thread, favorite sub-forum is Beatard Bonfire.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Greybeard said:

I am afraid to click the link.  If it's like the Hoffman site I may be lost forever.

Actually, I would recommend hanging out on SH for a couple months & pay attention to the high-volume posters first, then go to Stereo Central.

12 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

I am afraid to click the link.  If it's like the Hoffman site I may be lost forever.

the 2018 White Album release thread from this crew sadly ended around 76 pages last time i looked...

18 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

Since you got me started on the Hoffman site, it has raised a few questions.  Of the three threads I have partially read, one was thoughts on the White Album.  I know you are a big fan.  

When you listened to it, was it CD or Vinyl?  Fair number of posts are raving about the vinyl, although I know my ears could never tell the difference.  Some are complaining that some of the tracks sound compressed, or over-compressed.  I am not sure what they mean by that. Do you?

Now I am off to read a 120 post topic on, "Psychotic Reaction."?

Uncle's 1968 Vinyl copy, starting when i was 3 in 1969 to around 1974 when he got married and moved away.

Roughly 3 vinyl copies of my own, including Capitol purple label (a federal crime) and an old Apple printing.

All CD versions, 2 reprints adding nothing at all 1998 and 2009??

Mono versions on vinyl and CD when found, all pressings were better on mono (for nuts only... )

UNTIL....

the 2018 remastering, which has cheated a bit and enhanced with new tech , the best hands down even on my iPod and laptop listening, haven't tried the other formats with the 2018, i'm simple at heart with a decent amp and old AKG 701s... 

Listened to the CDs on a laptop which made it more treble and brought a few more things forward.

not sophisticated enough to tell compression diffs, or vinyl being more warm

the best is the 2018 remastering...

22 minutes ago, Irv said:

After hearing Yoko, John paid Hinkley to shoot him.  

George won early on with ATMP, which (to me)  had more quality than the rest of John and Paul's solo output combined.

he also rescued Abbey Road with two great songs that he could have saved for ATMP

18 hours ago, row_33 said:

Uncle's 1968 Vinyl copy, starting when i was 3 in 1969 to around 1974 when he got married and moved away.

Roughly 3 vinyl copies of my own, including Capitol purple label (a federal crime) and an old Apple printing.

All CD versions, 2 reprints adding nothing at all 1998 and 2009??

Mono versions on vinyl and CD when found, all pressings were better on mono (for nuts only... )

UNTIL....

the 2018 remastering, which has cheated a bit and enhanced with new tech , the best hands down even on my iPod and laptop listening, haven't tried the other formats with the 2018, i'm simple at heart with a decent amp and old AKG 701s... 

Listened to the CDs on a laptop which made it more treble and brought a few more things forward.

not sophisticated enough to tell compression diffs, or vinyl being more warm

the best is the 2018 remastering...

George won early on with ATMP, which (to me)  had more quality than the rest of John and Paul's solo output combined.

he also rescued Abbey Road with two great songs that he could have saved for ATMP

I still say Plastic Ono Band > ATMP, even if you don’t count the garbage 3rd LP.

I do think Something is far and away the best thing on Abbey Road, so good point.

11 minutes ago, Rico said:

I still say Plastic Ono Band > ATMP, even if you don’t count the garbage 3rd LP.

I do think Something is far and away the best thing on Abbey Road, so good point.

yup, POB is a masterpiece.... can't say it's clearly better than ATMP though/////

I"m not up for POB all the time, need a special kind of mood

John did his best to alienate the fans of the "moon/june" contributions of Paul   :D

have to posit that Paul's first solo album is the one that makes me cringe the most for him trying to prove that he is "out there", like Fredo insisting he really is smart.

(i hope that wasn't too mean...)

-------------------

and listened to the White Album backwards a bit

yes, this clearly was said and was gameplaying by them

it wasn't going to make us zombies or prove someone died

On 8/30/2019 at 6:49 PM, frostbitmic said:

We're so sorry ... Uncle Albert, but we haven't done a bloody thing all day, we're so sorry, Uncle Alllllllllbert (frogs croaking) etc ....

Paul's attempts to show he was a kooky and wacky as John.

Yoko was advising John, she was somehow a student of John Cage.

Macca never stood a chance...  :D