29 Years Ago Today we lost Stevie Ray Vaughan in a Helicopter Crash

ChevyVanMiller

For that style of music, I would say he is the greatest of all time.

This was a guy who had total command of the instrument.

The thing that blows my mind is that he was doing all that with gigantic strings (.013s) which definitely contributed heavily to his tone.

His hands must have been super powerful. 

This is one of my favorite SRV moments caught on film.  He looks like he just woke up or is half drunk and then plays on a level way beyond what I'll ever do.  Kind of depressing, but it hits home how talented he was.

Edited by Nextmanup
  • Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I'm going to make a lot of people mad on here....I can't name one Stevie Ray Vaughn song.

Same here. A lot of guys here are into music judging by the various concert, song, band threads. I wish I knew more about music but, sadly, I spent most of my time watching Hee Haw and WKRP in Cincinnati.

7 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Same here. A lot of guys here are into music judging by the various concert, song, band threads. I wish I knew more about music but, sadly, I spent most of my time watching Hee Haw and WKRP in Cincinnati.

I spend most of my time watching Impractical Jokers and eating Pop tarts.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Favorite Joker? Has to be Murr

Joe Gatto!

14 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

We're not going down THIS road again.....

@Royale with Cheese  Check out Texas Flood on Youtube, or his show at Austin City Limits. You're welcome.

Eh...I prefer Collective Soul.

21 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Straight out of the packaging, or do you take the time to properly prepare them?

I let them back in the sun.