Would You Rather Be Invisible or Able to Fly?

Irv

5 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Invisible,  see whos backstabbing you at work and then see a lot more :D

My wife has a Turkish Evil Eye bracelet.  She now has a single "evil eye," that goes on the clasp on her chain, so people don't talk behind your back.  Not sure if it works but may be worth a try?

• Haha (+1) 1

I used to say fly, but then I went sky diving.  It’s cold as hell up there. Also, how can you benefit?  Would you know how to get somewhere by flying?

Invisible people can rob banks or spy.  I can profit there

• Thank you (+1) 1

Yup.  Invisible.  You could just sneak on a plane anyway.  First Class too.  Mess with @Augie in First Class, make him think ghosts exist.  Spill his martini, take a bite out of his sandwich.  LoL...

Just think of all the fun you can have.

Flying = Meh.  Fun at first, then what? Invisible = the gift that keeps on giving.

1 minute ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Yup.  Invisible.  You could just sneak on a plane anyway.  First Class too.  Mess with @Augie in First Class, make him think ghosts exist.  Spill his martini, take a bite out of his sandwich.  LoL...

Flying = Meh.  Fun at first, then what? Invisible = the gift that keeps on giving.

I’ll have you know I have NEVER sat in first class. The wife gets bumped up frequently due to all her travel, but I never get to switch! She doesn’t even drink, so there is more value in putting me there. Maybe she just wants me to arrive sober?  That seems unreasonable! Don’t you think? 

If you are invisible, you still take up space, of which there is NONE on a plane. You won’t even fit in overhead! It’s FULL. Think this through! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I think flying would be really cool.  Like really, really cool, but it wouldn't allow you to be financially independent, which is even cooler.

I'd have to think about it, but if one can become invisible, one can probably accumulate millions of dollars in short order.   

The trick would be doing it in a way that didn't involve straight up theft, which wouldn't sit well with me.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’ll have you know I have NEVER sat in first class. The wife gets bumped up frequently due to all her travel, but I never get to switch! She doesn’t even drink, so there is more value in putting me there. Maybe she just wants me to arrive sober?  That seems unreasonable! Don’t you think? 

If you are invisible, you still take up space, of which there is NONE on a plane. You won’t even fit in overhead! It’s FULL. Think this through! 

The bulkhead?  I can hold on really well during take off and landing.  I will just wait for empty seat.  Pick not full flights.  LoL...

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

18 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

The bulkhead?  I can hold on really well during take off and landing.  I will just wait for empty seat.  Pick not full flights.  LoL...

The drink cart will be my best friend, but your worst enemy! 

7 hours ago, Augie said:

The invisible crowd, obviously, are of a lesser mental acuity.  They're like "blah blah blah" shiny object flashes "fly! blah blah blah"

Fly.  

Invisibility sounds cool...but really, it's be a pain in the ass.  People'd be bumping in to you all the time, you'd never get any service at McDonalds, how the hell would you ever have any sort of medical procedure done?  And being invisible on demand...I mean, hell, you'd have to take your clothes off and either carry them with you (which defeats the purpose of invisibility) or stash them somewhere...and forget about it in winter, running around naked in the snow simply not to be seen.  And what am I going to do with it?  Rob banks?  "Hey, look at that pile of money floating in midair.  Must be that invisible asshat robbing a bank again."  Invisibility is a waste of time.

Flying, though...I may as well be invisible, because you're not going to see me after I rob a bank and fly away from your sorry invisible ass with all the money.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Seasons1992 said:

Great band name!

Great alternate Rush lyric.

Invisible asshat,

covered in drool.

Total morons

typing out stupidity.

From their hit single, "The Spirit of QB Threads."

Edited by DC Tom
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Why does everyone assume you'd be flying at great speed?  What if you only fly at 20 mph?   That's not gonna be super practical for much.

How are you going to stay warm while flying?  Can't go very high before it starts getting pretty damn cold.  What happens in winter?  Or if it's raining?  Wind chill?

And if you fly low, how are you going to keep rednecks from taking shots at you?   "Hey, here he comes again, everyone reload!!!!"

18 minutes ago, The Plastic Cup said:

Why does everyone assume you'd be flying at great speed?  What if you only fly at 20 mph?   That's not gonna be super practical for much.

Why would I need to fly faster?  

How are you going to stay warm while flying?  Can't go very high before it starts getting pretty damn cold.  What happens in winter?  Or if it's raining?  Wind chill?

Don't fly high.  Fly low.

And if you fly low, how are you going to keep rednecks from taking shots at you?   "Hey, here he comes again, everyone reload!!!!"

If I'm flying low, they won't have enough time to acquire me as a target and shoot.  And I'm certainly not circling around to give them another chance.  

1 hour ago, The Plastic Cup said:

If I'm the only person in the world who can fly, I'm investing time and money into an indestructible flying suit.

Just sayin.