An upscale Garbage Plate?

AiO

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UPDATE: Nick's is suing The Lodge at Woodcliff for trademark infringement.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/p...EWS01/504080401

After all the imitators -- at least a dozen -- Nick's finally decides to make a stink (pun intended).

Do you suppose this may be because Woodcliff has deeper pockets than your average grease pit?

After all the imitators -- at least a dozen -- Nick's finally decides to make a stink (pun intended).

Do you suppose this may be because Woodcliff has deeper pockets than your average grease pit?

300057[/snapback]

I honestly don't understand how "Plat du Refuse" could be an infringement if, for example, Penfield Hots' "Rubbish Plate" isn't. Hell, the standard imitators even use the same ingredients as Nick's.

And I think Brad Salai (I know him; Stephen is his first name but he goes by his middle name) pretty much answered Matty's question:

"We have to allocate our resources where we think they will do the most good. We go after anyone we can find who is causing confusion," said Salai.

In other words, the Woodcliff's got money and Gary Brockler (who owns Penfield Hots) doesn't.

300057[/snapback]

Give him my number: (888) I SUE YOU.

I honestly don't understand how "Plat du Refuse" could be an infringement if, for example, Penfield Hots' "Rubbish Plate" isn't.  Hell, the standard imitators even use the same ingredients as Nick's.

And I think Brad Salai (I know him; Stephen is his first name but he goes by his middle name) pretty much answered Matty's question:

In other words, the Woodcliff's got money and Gary Brockler (who owns Penfield Hots) doesn't.

300063[/snapback]

Also, no other restaurant got so much press for copying the Garbage Plate. Because they are upscale, they leaked the story to the press and got a lot of free advertising, while mentioning Tahoes several times and comparing it to the Plate in the article.

Perinton. Bah! I hope Nick's wins. :D

Also, no other restaurant got so much press for copying the Garbage Plate. Because they are upscale, they leaked the story to the press and got a lot of free advertising, while mentioning Tahoes several times and comparing it to the Plate in the article.

Perinton. Bah! I hope Nick's wins.  :D

300612[/snapback]

The resturant was pretty much daring them to sue. I hope Nicks wins, too. Nothing personal, it's just business.