Technical help for posting vid content on TSW

After doing a cursory topic search, I did not see this addressed elsewhere--are there any workarounds to the attachment size limit for pics/vids? I've been working on finding a feasible way to post video that I shot yesterday at camp (the longest one is only 20 secs, most are 10-15 secs), and was able to even drag in from my google photos account to the message drafting screen here, where I could see it and it was running fine, but as soon as I click send, it would disappear, while any still photos would stay. I don't use twitter or anything like that where I could possibly migrate it from. Is setting up a link to a shared google photo album the only way? I'd prefer not to do it that way since I can't individually identify/caption that way before it posts. If I separately save each vid, then attach to the message, I get the error message about it being over the size limit (meanwhile we have vids posted here all the time that technically are over the limit, but because they're linked from twitter or youtube, no issues?). Anyway, any reasonable insight provided I'll make use of.  

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12

6 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

After doing a cursory topic search, I did not see this addressed elsewhere--are there any workarounds to the attachment size limit for pics/vids? I've been working on finding a feasible way to post video that I shot yesterday at camp (the longest one is only 20 secs, most are 10-15 secs), and was able to even drag in from my google photos account to the message drafting screen here, where I could see it and it was running fine, but as soon as I click send, it would disappear, while any still photos would stay. I don't use twitter or anything like that where I could possibly migrate it from. Is setting up a link to a shared google photo album the only way? I'd prefer not to do it that way since I can't individually identify/caption that way before it posts. If I separately save each vid, then attach to the message, I get the error message about it being over the size limit (meanwhile we have vids posted here all the time that technically are over the limit, but because they're linked from twitter or youtube, no issues?). Anyway, any reasonable insight provided I'll make use of.  

videos hosted on Twitter or YouTube do not utilize the forum's bandwidth, they usurp those platforms bandwidth. same with images that are hosted elsewhere. 

can you not just create a Vimeo or YouTube account and upload them there, then link them here? what you want is a host for the videos that you can link here.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Foxx said:

videos hosted on Twitter or YouTube do not utilize the forum's bandwidth, they usurp those platforms bandwidth. same with images that are hosted elsewhere. 

can you not just create a Vimeo or YouTube account and upload them there, then link them here? what you want is a host for the videos that you can link here.

That makes sense about the bandwidth—thanks for clarifying it. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gray Beard said:

If you have a gmail account, you can easily upload to YouTube. I do it with family videos every once in a while. 

This is prob what I’ll end up doing, trying to figure out a working embed from google drive today has been problematic at best. 

• Like (+1) 1