Hong Kong Protest

3rdnlng

36 minutes ago, Hedge said:

It heads to the President's desk. 

I don't think House resolutions need the president's signature, as they're non-binding statements.

Regardless, I hope Trump uses it as an excuse to increases tariffs by way of sanctioning China.  Just to troll the House.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

I don't think House resolutions need the president's signature, as they're non-binding statements.

Regardless, I hope Trump uses it as an excuse to increases tariffs by way of sanctioning China.  Just to troll the House.  

I think it is a actually a Bill that passed.

19 minutes ago, Hedge said:

***** what?  After three years of complaining about a half-assed trade war, now that we're close to striking a trade deal, they're passing legislation to sanction China?  

This is why the Democrats are trying to impeach Trump over foreign policy differences.  Democrats are confused by a foreign policy as anything more than a series of ill-considered knee-jerk reactions.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, DC Tom said:

***** what?  After three years of complaining about a half-assed trade war, now that we're close to striking a trade deal, they're passing legislation to sanction China?  

This is why the Democrats are trying to impeach Trump over foreign policy differences.  Democrats are confused by a foreign policy as anything more than a series of ill-considered knee-jerk reactions.

We are closer to striking a deal? How so? Please tell me it’s because Trump said so...

46 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

The Left will do anything to hurt Trump. It doesn't matter how bad it hurts our country. Their partisanship trumps their patriotism.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

We are closer to striking a deal? How so? Please tell me it’s because Trump said so...

? lol.  Looks like Tibsy forgot to open the link before he opened his mouth. . . . . Again 

1 hour ago, Hedge said:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Hedge said:

It heads to the President's desk. 

Uh oh, it looks like the House colluded to interfere in foreign policy during an election cycle by attempting to extort/bribe China!

IMPEACH THEM ALL!!!111111eleventyoneoneone

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 11/20/2019 at 7:56 PM, DC Tom said:

On 11/20/2019 at 8:45 PM, 3rdnlng said:

The Left will do anything to hurt Trump. It doesn't matter how bad it hurts our country. Their partisanship trumps their patriotism.

The chamber approved a measure that aims to protect human rights in Hong Kong by a 417-1 margin amid efforts to crack down on months of anti-government protests. The House passed a second bill to bar the export of certain munitions to Hong Kong police by the same margin.

The Senate unanimously approved both pieces of legislation, so they head to Trump’s desk after House passage.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/11/20/house-passes-hong-kong-rights-bill-amid-trump-china-trade-talks.html

That sure looks bipartisan 

1 hour ago, ALF said:

The chamber approved a measure that aims to protect human rights in Hong Kong by a 417-1 margin amid efforts to crack down on months of anti-government protests. The House passed a second bill to bar the export of certain munitions to Hong Kong police by the same margin.

The Senate unanimously approved both pieces of legislation, so they head to Trump’s desk after House passage.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/11/20/house-passes-hong-kong-rights-bill-amid-trump-china-trade-talks.html

That sure looks bipartisan 

The House is certainly working hard to accomplish bipartisan acts or laws that will have a real affect on things. Their deliberations and passage of the USMCA and the common sense compromise on Immigration Reform shows their willingness to roll up their sleeves and get to work making real things happen. -)

Passing a bill admonishing China will certainly make China cry "Uncle" and change their ways.

Andy Williams - Feelings (1975)"Feelings"