38 minor league mlb org players

Seattle's Damian Moss and Ryan Christianson were among 38 players suspended Monday for violating baseball's minor league steroids policy, a group that included eight players from the Mariners' organization.

"We're obviously very disappointed and not happy about it at all," Seattle general manager Bill Bavasi said after the Mariners beat Minnesota 5-1. "On the other side of the coin, we're like everybody else. We want this cleaned up."

Oakland's David Castillo was suspended for 60 games, the penalty for a third violation. All the others were suspended for 15 games, the ban given to first offenders.

"I think you'll see more announcements," Bavasi said. "That's a guess on my part. They tested, they got results. I think this is going to go on through the year and hopefully the numbers are going to drop."

Seven of the 38 positives came from the Chicago Cubs organization, five each from the Los Angeles Angels, Oakland and Texas, and four from San Diego. There were two from Colorado, and one each from St. Louis and the Chicago White Sox.

tested positive

38 of the biggest idiots of all-time. Minor League Baseball ANNOUNCES the dates of the test and they test EVERYBODY at once- no random tests. How much of an idiot can someone be?

Is it a coincidence that 21 of the 38 players are from Latin America (Puerto Rico, Dominican, ect)? Steroids are legal and cheap south of the border.

About time they started publishing names.

This is some self-congratulatory bull sh-- going on in MLB. Whupty-doo, we're catching guys who can't make the bigs, or if they are, they're the guys hitting two home runs a year. As I heard a man rightly say on local TV, Dillinger's on the loose and they're bragging about nabbing the guy who's robbing parking meters.

Meanwhile, Bonds will make the HoF and gets major face time. How they can let this go and shut out Pete Rose is completely f---ing beyond me.

This is some self-congratulatory bull sh-- going on in MLB.  Whupty-doo, we're catching guys who can't make the bigs, or if they are, they're the guys hitting two home runs a year.  As I heard a man rightly say on local TV, Dillinger's on the loose and they're bragging about nabbing the guy who's robbing parking meters.

Meanwhile, Bonds will make the HoF and gets major face time.  How they can let this go and shut out Pete Rose is completely f---ing beyond me.

295879[/snapback]

EXACTLY---sacrifice a bunch of peons to make themselves look good. What ajoke. Justice in this country = $$$$$. You will NOT see a big name go down this year.The fix is in.

Yawn, steroids... Next please who cares about this news. Yawn yawn yawn and yawn.. This crap is getting old. I haven't watched Sports Center in 2 months because of all this turmoil. Who cares? I know I don't. The media is ruining baseball as we know it and it just keeps getting more repetative on a daily basis (kinda like my post). :rolleyes:

Does anyone else just hope this crap disappears soon?

Yawn, steroids...  Next please who cares about this news.  Yawn yawn yawn and yawn..  This crap is getting old.  I haven't watched Sports Center in 2 months because of all this turmoil.  Who cares?  I know I don't.  The media is ruining baseball as we know it and it just keeps getting more repetative on a daily basis (kinda like my post).  :rolleyes:

Does anyone else just hope this crap disappears soon?

295883[/snapback]

Do you not care about the news or about steroids themselves? Personally, I think it's a really bad idea to push the notion on kids that competing by any means necessary is the only sure route to success. A ban on steroids is sensible and good for the sport, its young fans and its competitors. I think a concerted effort to round up nobodies while turning a blind eye to the stars engaging in the practice only cheapens the game further.

That said, my team is 1-0 and I'm enjoying the season so far... Play ball.

Do you not care about the news or about steroids themselves?  Personally, I think it's a really bad idea to push the notion on kids that competing by any means necessary is the only sure route to success.  A ban on steroids is sensible and good for the sport, its young fans and its competitors.  I think a concerted effort to round up nobodies while turning a blind eye to the stars engaging in the practice only cheapens the game further.

That said, my team is 1-0 and I'm enjoying the season so far...  Play ball.

295885[/snapback]

You make it sound like this problem is just arising, like it's new news just discovered last year. This is old news. Old. If people really want to cheat they will eventually find away around any obstacle set in their path. And if kids really want to do drugs and cheat as well they will. Period. It doesn't matter how much the government jumps in between all of this, it will still happen.

You make it sound like this problem is just arising, like it's new news just discovered last year.  This is old news.  Old.  If people really want to cheat they will eventually find away around any obstacle set in their path.  And if kids really want to do drugs and cheat as well they will.

296282[/snapback]

Well, we might as well condone or turn a blind eye to cheating, then, since it's going to happen anyway, instead of trying to deal with the problem. It's hopeless, right? :huh:

Somehow the Olympics are able to deal with this, and their athletes aren't getting the millions MLB players are. I think it's time we stopped letting them off the hook.

Well, we might as well condone or turn a blind eye to cheating, then, since it's going to happen anyway, instead of trying to deal with the problem.  It's hopeless, right?   :huh:

Somehow the Olympics are able to deal with this, and their athletes aren't getting the millions MLB players are.  I think it's time we stopped letting them off the hook.

296296[/snapback]

No not turn a blind eye at all. It just seems like when the US Olympic commitee handles these things it's seriously less of a huge deal. Things are handled properly. I really feel that Selig and his cronies need to grow a back bone and say NO MORE. How can the NFL handle the "juice" issue so well? Because the rules were set, from a while back. I mean come on these owners all knew about this crap and now they aren't really saying much because I'm sure they all are feeling guilty to some extent. All I'm saying is that people who want to cheat will. And it's certainly some of the players fault's, but in my eyes it's more major league baseball fault more for turning their head when they knew it was going on.

This is some self-congratulatory bull sh-- going on in MLB.  Whupty-doo, we're catching guys who can't make the bigs, or if they are, they're the guys hitting two home runs a year.  As I heard a man rightly say on local TV, Dillinger's on the loose and they're bragging about nabbing the guy who's robbing parking meters.

Meanwhile, Bonds will make the HoF and gets major face time.  How they can let this go and shut out Pete Rose is completely f---ing beyond me.

295879[/snapback]

Ofcourse this is for show. Now MLB and Congress can pat themselves on the back, and pretend like they made a difference. Bonds is really untouchable. The second they try to ban him, Jessie Jackson will be all over it.