Georgia Southern football player arrested for cocaine possession...it was bird poop

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

LOL 

a lame story that I still laugh at.  

Once many moons ago I was in Florida and got stopped for speeding by a cop who was from Georgia.  

He told me I needed to get my speedometer Re Caliber ated.   

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

"Before Werts was pulled over, he called dispatch to say he would pull over closer to town, where it was better lit."

am i reading this right?  the guy had police dispatch on speed dial?  anyone else find that odd?

also was his car used in the remake of Alfred Hitchcock's "the Birds"?  did you see that hood?

not defending the cops entirely here, the officer could have toned it down but with the chain of events i could see him being aggravated, especially if dispatch didn't radio in the Officer.  Plus they aren't chemists, if they have a testing kit and it turns a certain color, well then, they have to suspect it.

lastly: "It was just more frustration than anything because I know I didn't do anything wrong," Werts added."

you did do something wrong, you were speeding...

Edit: and i've been in SoFlo for a little over 3 years now and have made a few trips to Raleigh and Charlotte, it is WELL known Georgia law enforcement will pull you over for going less than 5 miles over the speed limit, i've never been caught but once you pass the state line you see the cops and people lined up along the side of the highway, i adjust my cruise accordingly.

Edited by Say When...

31 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

LOL 

a lame story that I still laugh at.  

Once many moons ago I was in Florida and got topped for speeding by a cop who was from Georgia.  

He told me I needed to get my speedometer Re Caliber ated.   

Well, bless his heart. ?

• Haha (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, Say When... said:

"Before Werts was pulled over, he called dispatch to say he would pull over closer to town, where it was better lit."

am i reading this right?  the guy had police dispatch on speed dial?  anyone else find that odd?

also was his car used in the remake of Alfred Hitchcock's "the Birds"?  did you see that hood?

not defending the cops entirely here, the officer could have toned it down but with the chain of events i could see him being aggravated, especially if dispatch didn't radio in the Officer.  Plus they aren't chemists, if they have a testing kit and it turns a certain color, well then, they have to suspect it.

lastly: "It was just more frustration than anything because I know I didn't do anything wrong," Werts added."

you did do something wrong, you were speeding...

Edit: and i've been in SoFlo for a little over 3 years now and have made a few trips to Raleigh and Charlotte, it is WELL known Georgia law enforcement will pull you over for going less than 5 miles over the speed limit, i've never been caught but once you pass the state line you see the cops and people lined up along the side of the highway, i adjust my cruise accordingly.

Not odd to have Dispatch on speed dial.  Every stop should generate a call to Dispatch.  That's usually a radio call, but once that call is made, ID is verified, license, registration,  insurance etc checked, AND any outstanding warrants checked,  by that time, sometimes it may be easier for the officer to answer additional questions without tying up the radio freq.  In that case, it's a phone call, usually on some speed dial set up.

If bird poop can show a positive, the what else can show a false positive?  Maybe the bird was partying in an upscale neighborhood, and really did pick up some cocaine, "somewhere?"

1 minute ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

Not odd to have Dispatch on speed dial.  Every stop should generate a call to Dispatch.  That's usually a radio call, but once that call is made, ID is verified, license, registration,  insurance etc checked, AND any outstanding warrants checked,  by that time, sometimes it may be easier for the officer to answer additional questions without tying up the radio freq.  In that case, it's a phone call, usually on some speed dial set up.

From the law enforcement officer perspective I get that, the kid (the one being detained) called into dispatch, i wouldn't even know who/how to call dispatch if i was being pulled over. just seems odd to me.

i thought it was how the article was written but in the video you hear him tell the cop "i told the lady at dispatch i was driving to the city"...

2 hours ago, Say When... said:

From the law enforcement officer perspective I get that, the kid (the one being detained) called into dispatch, i wouldn't even know who/how to call dispatch if i was being pulled over. just seems odd to me.

i thought it was how the article was written but in the video you hear him tell the cop "i told the lady at dispatch i was driving to the city"...

If you call 911, that's "dispatch."   911 is a call center that takes both 911 calls from the public, and police radio calls to verify driver information and dispatch additional help. if necessary..