Don't take your dogs to the lake anymore

5 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

It is. It gets filtered waaaaayyy easier. Other organisms in the lake are already adjusted to it, as well.

Usually people poop in a bathroom and the treatment plant filters it.

I'd reckon that the ratio of fish poop to human poop is very high in a reservoir.  I doubt the main algae culprit is human waste.

1 hour ago, snafu said:

I'd reckon that the ratio of fish poop to human poop is very high in a reservoir.  I doubt the main algae culprit is human waste.

It's all sorts of waste combine with low filtration/flow.

Unless you're Royale, then it's flowing nicely....

• Like (+1) 1

Too many people.  Then they all move to places that have low taxes.  What do you expect?  The people gotta go potty some where.

1 hour ago, snafu said:

Big Ag runoff?

34 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

There have been reports of this stuff up in certain areas of Champlain.  I think a dog and a girl got sick or something.  What they were swimming in looked like spinach diarrhea.  WTF?  Who would even think of swimming in that *****?

The Chinese...that's who.

Image result for Algae lakes in china

14 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

It's almost like the Earth is getting warmer or something.

About 10-15 years ago this happened to a dog at a small lake in our town.    There was also a beach which they closed to swimming at the time.   This lake is close to a farming area and part of the issue is the nitrates coming off the farms and running into the lake.

6 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Don't you people put fences around the reservoirs like they do at Cobbs Hill and Highland Park?

0046c36bff57c4748dc4a6735376925d.jpg

2d269243-b5b3-453a-b4af-07de2e8b8615-lar

City plans to cover Highland Park reservoir to meet EPA guidelines  

https://13wham.com/news/local/city-plans-to-cover-highland-park-reservoir-to-meet-epa-guidelines

About 15 years ago they drained the reservoir ... A couple of guns, numerous bicycles, a s-ton of plastic and glass bottles ... No bodies or bones though.

This is Rochester's main water supply. ☠️

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Gugny said:

No autopsy and the vet said the dog "probably" died from toxic algae.

On a lighter note, doggie mommy looks kinda hot.

You made me look! 

We took our dog there years ago, and thought about going back when we recently drove past the lake. That’s now crossed off the list! 

41 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

It's almost like the Earth is getting warmer or something.

Buffalo will be the place to be! Maybe we will retire to Crystal Beach instead of St Pete Beach, FL? 

I think I owe @Royale with Cheese an apology.  He won't get one.  I just owe him one.

Seems that this dangerous algae has been affecting some local lakes near where I live.

https://poststar.com/blogs/gwendolyn_craig/blog-suspicious-harmful-algal-bloom-found-on-friends-lake-in/article_4dd9a639-4389-5fa2-bae7-6a2a1dce94a1.html#tracking-source=home-trending

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

I think I owe @Royale with Cheese an apology.  He won't get one.  I just owe him one.

Seems that this dangerous algae has been affecting some local lakes near where I live.

https://poststar.com/blogs/gwendolyn_craig/blog-suspicious-harmful-algal-bloom-found-on-friends-lake-in/article_4dd9a639-4389-5fa2-bae7-6a2a1dce94a1.html#tracking-source=home-trending

You know if you and I invent a blue algae vaccine, we could make enough money for Club Seats season tickets.

Hows your chemistry?

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

You know if you and I invent a blue algae vaccine, we could make enough money for Club Seats season tickets.

Hows your chemistry?

Season tickets for which team?

My chemistry is so-so.