Advice re: new home set up Internet, TV’s & music

BuffaloBill

So I will again be moving soon with work.  Don’t have a contract on a new house yet so no precise location other than it will be in Orange County, CA.

Have apple equipment for computers (wifey uses nearly newer IMac), We have an older MacBook Air as a spare,  IPad and two IPhones (wifey has one I have the other).  We also network off of airport with time capsule.  Sold TV’s with house so will be starting fresh in CA.

Given the conditions what recommendations do you all have regarding what TV’s we should look at (will probably have two - one larger primary and a second elsewhere).  

Additionally, we assume that we will “cut the cord” so what is best set up for streaming and TV?   I am already an Amazon Prime member so we do stream movies from this service.

Anybody familiar with internet providers in Orange County?  Who is good who is bad?

We will move in late October(Ish) so I will want to pick up Bills Games.  Hate DirecTV as they burned me in a move many years ago.  What other options are there given any set up recommendations you make?

Thanks in advance.

Whoever you choose, step up your streaming "power" one more than you think you will need. 

I have an Amazon Fire stick, and subscribe to Amazon Prime and Sling Orange and Blue, and I bum Netflix off a friend. I also have an antenna so I lack for nothing. This setup probably would work for you as well. 

(I'm also lucky that I live in a house but it's an apartment, so DirecTV allows me to get Sunday Ticket without a dish. Costly but worth it.)

1 minute ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

I remember sending 500 of those in, and receiving Mallo Cups in return!  I think...?

You got 500 right.  If you were short I can send you the difference.  

That is the box you checked. 

Our Roku died so we replaced it with an Apple TV. My wife is a hard core Apple person.  The Apple TV has been good.   I don’t like the mini mousepad aspect of the controller but other people seem to like it just fine. The Apple TV can interface with an iPhone or iPad which makes searching for shows a little easier. But you probably already know all this. 

52 minutes ago, mead107 said:

I will give you meadcoins. 

We have a smart tv.  Damm thing is smarter than me. 

so is a box of rocks...sooo?????

23 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I thought you lived in OC at one point.

cmon Gug..the whole advice thing!!!!! Smarten up young man!

to @BuffaloBill, my two cents

1) Get the biggest baddest TV's you can get. I still consistently buy TVs that are too small.if you thnjk you want 55inch..get 65!

In terms of streaming, we have Sling and i do like it.Has an online DVR..but go to their website to see what locals they get in Orange County. I think YouTube may have more locals? 

Also, if cutting the cord I would really look into getting an antenna, getting Sling or Hulu or possible a combination...and get a DVR that records from both.

I have read that TiVO relly is the best at that, but the Fire Recast is good as well. I am partial to Fire Sticks over smart TV interfaces

4 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

so is a box of rocks...sooo?????

cmon Gug..the whole advice thing!!!!! Smarten up young man!

He GIVES ... just rarely receives.

Unless it's an Egg .............................

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

I thought you lived in OC at one point.

Ummmmm are really asking me to give advice?? 

41 minutes ago, Gugny said:

He GIVES ... just rarely receives.

Unless it's an Egg .............................

Damn thanks. I want to upgrade on the egg. Know anyone who wants an overly used Green Egg.