Upon further review

GG

Just got through watching last season's game vs Ravens, and focused on Bennie.

Basically, the advanced billing is correct. The guy packs a load, and once he gets in front of the DT, there was no moving him off. Adams was invisible in the 1st half when he was set against Bennie, and when Ravens piled up their points.

It was interesting to see that Ravens called most of their running plays to the right, and largely ran in between tackles to much success. I've been railing against Bills' run D from their DEs, but in this game, Ravens had no problem running right up the Bills' gut behind Rabach & Anderson.

Anderson was also very effective on pass protection, but no one will ever confuse Adams or Williams with speedy DTs. His footwork on the interior was decent and he always got square off the defender.

On the few occasions where Anderson needed to run, you can easily spot the weakness, as he could not keep up with the flow of the play. It's safe to say that he probably won't be pulling on too many plays.

For the critics, yes, Anderson had a false start penalty that helped kill a drive.

But, overall, he totally neutralized the Bills DTs, and Chester Taylor had little difficulty finding holes behind the big guy. There was also absolutely no pressure on Boller from the DTs.

Basically, the advanced billing is correct.  The guy packs a load, and once he gets in front of the DT, there was no moving him off.  Adams was invisible in the 1st half when he was set against Bennie, and when Ravens piled up their points. 

It was interesting to see that Ravens called most of their running plays to the right, and largely ran in between tackles to much success.  I've been railing against Bills' run D from their DEs, but in this game, Ravens had no problem running right up the Bills' gut behind Rabach & Anderson.

Anderson was also very effective on pass protection, but no one will ever confuse Adams or Williams with speedy DTs.  His footwork on the interior was decent and he always got square off the defender.

On the few occasions where Anderson needed to run, you can easily spot the weakness, as he could not keep up with the flow of the play.  It's safe to say that he probably won't be pulling on too many plays.

For the critics, yes, Anderson had a false start penalty that helped kill a drive.

But, overall, he totally neutralized the Bills DTs, and Chester Taylor had little difficulty finding holes behind the big guy.  There was also absolutely no pressure on Boller from the DTs.

295639[/snapback]

Thanks, GG.

Now that's the kind of stuff we need around here. Thanks.

I'm starting to feel pretty good about our line. Still not sure what to make of the C/LT issue, though.

On the few occasions where Anderson needed to run, you can easily spot the weakness, as he could not keep up with the flow of the play.  It's safe to say that he probably won't be pulling on too many plays.

295639[/snapback]

We dont need that. We just have Bannan come in when our LG has to pull. Defense wont know its comming.

:rolleyes:

Thanks for the positive report, GG. One thing you can't teach is immense power and physical size. Anderson moves in a limited area but was signed primarily to be a road grader for the running game.

The post draft mini camp will be interesting. McNally said he wanted to look at some Lineman at a couple positions and have it settled, prior to Fisher summer camp. Lets hope we have 1 or 2 more new faces by then.

Basically, the advanced billing is correct.  The guy packs a load, and once he gets in front of the DT, there was no moving him off.  Adams was invisible in the 1st half when he was set against Bennie, and when Ravens piled up their points. 

It was interesting to see that Ravens called most of their running plays to the right, and largely ran in between tackles to much success.  I've been railing against Bills' run D from their DEs, but in this game, Ravens had no problem running right up the Bills' gut behind Rabach & Anderson.

Anderson was also very effective on pass protection, but no one will ever confuse Adams or Williams with speedy DTs.  His footwork on the interior was decent and he always got square off the defender.

But, overall, he totally neutralized the Bills DTs, and Chester Taylor had little difficulty finding holes behind the big guy.  There was also absolutely no pressure on Boller from the DTs.

295639[/snapback]

Nice job, bro.....thanks! Reading stuff like this gets me fired up for the season.....can't wait to see what McNally does with our line.

You tha man, GG.  Can't wait to see this line MAUL next year, esp. with Shelton in the fold and a rook at center (that's just to bait you Teague-lovers).

295702[/snapback]

:rolleyes: A very useful analysis from someone who seems to "know whereof he speaks." This is why I joined the TSW. It sure beats "Travis sucks" or "JP is a Hall of Famer" threads and similar BS based on who knows what. Thanks! :o

Thanks GG. I guess that's why we paid Bennie 5 MILLION dollars (in my best Dr. Evil voice).

Very good report.

I like Bennie's attitude--in his press conference he said "The offseason has been too long already. I will be here on Monday (meaning today) ready to get to work."

I think this is a guy who wants to prove all those naysayers in Baltimore wrong. We may just have gotten him at the time in his career that he is ready to kick ass. With he and Villy at gaurd--there aren't too many DT that are looking forward to playing the Bills.

That's complete bull! I read on the Raven's message board that he had 5 false starts and 3 sacks charged against him in that game...are you sure you were watching the correct guard? :rolleyes:

295639[/snapback]

I'm embarassed that I forget we played them last year and could've brought up this point the day he visited OBD those many weeks ago. :rolleyes: