Where's my damn furniture

Most of the crazy stuff in the Sarasota newspaper comes from Bradenton. Be careful when you cross that line!

I had a plumber scheduled yesterday between 10:00am and 2:00pm to fix a toilet. I got a call they were running a bit behind. He arrived at 4:00pm. I was upset, but I just thanked him for fixing the toilet and handed him my credit card. But I lived in Sarasota. 

14 minutes ago, Augie said:

Most of the crazy stuff in the Sarasota newspaper comes from Bradenton. Be careful when you cross that line!

I had a plumber scheduled yesterday between 10:00am and 2:00pm to fix a toilet. I got a call they were running a bit behind. He arrived at 4:00pm. I was upset, but I just thanked him for fixing the toilet and handed him my credit card. But I lived in Sarasota. 

2 hours isn't the end of the world.  Now a couple days.  How hard can a toilet be?  Not much too it.  Leaky seal.  Stuff on inside.

My God... The problem is on the customer here... Maybe they ran into something major elsewhere?  I'd be shamed with wasting their time on something like this.  And you should too.  They got better things to do. Probably lost money on you.

Just giving you a hard time.

?

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

1 minute ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

2 hours isn't the end of the world.  Now a couple days.  How hard can a toilet be?  Not much too it.  Leaky seal.  Stuff on inside.

My God... The problem is on the customer here... Maybe they ran into something major elsewhere?  I'd be shamed with wasting their time on something like this.  And you should too.  They got better things to do. Probably lost money on you.

Just giving you a hard time.

?

Maybe math isn’t your thing, but that was SIX hours I was tied up waiting for these clowns. In Bradenton that calls for warfare! 

I learned long ago that it can sometimes be wise to pay a professional to do things the right way. My wife was convinced she could fix the loose light switch in our closet. Not only did we end up hiring an electrician, we had to paint the whole room to cover up where the wall got scorched!  

36 minutes ago, Augie said:

A bit behind, to fix your toilet??:flirt:

• Awesome! (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Augie said:

Maybe math isn’t your thing, but that was SIX hours I was tied up waiting for these clowns. In Bradenton that calls for warfare! 

I learned long ago that it can sometimes be wise to pay a professional to do things the right way. My wife was convinced she could fix the loose light switch in our closet. Not only did we end up hiring an electrician, we had to paint the whole room to cover up where the wall got scorched!  

Maybe plumbing isn't your thing.  It's a TOILET!

They probably lost money on you or were going to lose money... Took a lucractive job and pushed you to end of day. Put 2 and 2 together and math isn't my thing?  Don't misjudge, underestimate the plebs, even the poor plebs from Bradenton!

You don't really believe they were running "late."  Stuck in traffic?? That's NOT how us poor slobs work... LoL...

There is a thing called "plumbing triage" believe it or NOT.  Maybe they were hoping you would just fix it yourself!  Welcome to the emergency room waiting room! Don't let the kid next to you cough on you!

Well... There (Bolded) is your problem... LoL... It was all a rouse, a twisted rouse and of course highly unsafe tactic, to get you to paint the WHOLE room. LoL... 

She (Fast Eddy) set the hustle early on!

I am just arming you with practical life lessons... So you won't get played again!

?

55 minutes ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

A bit behind, to fix your toilet??:flirt:

Danke Schoen!

And we are all from Buffalo, New York! Being "buffaloed?" /smh

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Clogged it up again did you Augie? These are cheaper than a plumber 

c3da67_799cb954382e4e7cae2e0f63c298a85f~

2 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Clogged it up again did you Augie? These are cheaper than a plumber 

c3da67_799cb954382e4e7cae2e0f63c298a85f~

That looks like a fine Christmas gift idea! Maybe a stocking stuffer for the whole family!

It was a little piece of broken plastic that was several cents to produce, but $168 to replace. I don’t want to hear about how I could have fixed it myself. Finding the right part and properly replacing it is just not the way we usually roll. We provide jobs and stimulate the economy. You’re welcome! 

11 minutes ago, Augie said:

That looks like a fine Christmas gift idea! Maybe a stocking stuffer for the whole family!

It was a little piece of broken plastic that was several cents to produce, but $168 to replace. I don’t want to hear about how I could have fixed it myself. Finding the right part and properly replacing it is just not the way we usually roll. We provide jobs and stimulate the economy. You’re welcome! 

$90 to show up

$70 labor

$8 materials 

I get it. I used to question why people paid for stuff they can do themselves, but as I get older and have a little more scratch, my time is becoming less available and more valuable.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

$90 to show up

$70 labor

$8 materials 

I get it. I used to question why people paid for stuff they can do themselves, but as I get older and have a little more scratch, my time is becoming less available and more valuable.

Yep, tell @ExiledInIllinois that!  ?

1 hour ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

$90 to show up

$70 labor

$8 materials 

Yeah... But wait till 4, 45 minutes before quiting time so they can make bigger money elsewhere.

I am not REALLY questioning DIY... Really, they are going to come in middle of day to make $160... Are you kidding my.  Yeah, if nothing else is going on, sure...

Again... Plumbing triage.  Tell the client we are running late... Not:  let's maximize today's earnings.

5 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Yeah... But wait till 4, 45 minutes before quiting time so they can make bigger money elsewhere.

I am not REALLY questioning DIY... Really, they are going to come in middle of day to make $160... Are you kidding my.  Yeah, if nothing else is going on, sure...

Again... Plumbing triage.  Tell the client we are running late... Not:  let's maximize today's earnings.

I mind the time more than the money, actually. The same owners have HVAC, electrical and plumbing divisions. We use them all for two different properties, and they are generally pretty dependable. This time? Things got a bit sideways. I won’t snap over the outlier. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

I mind the time more than the money, actually. The same owners have HVAC, electrical and plumbing divisions. We use them all for two different properties, and they are generally pretty dependable. This time? Things got a bit sideways. I won’t snap over the outlier. 

$160 bucks isn't a decent days wage... And to come during prime hours.  Now, float $300... That's reasonable.  And then, right during lunch.

I'd probably be a decent plumber... But dealing with people is another story. I couldn't kiss the ass of the rich for chump change.

2 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

$160 bucks isn't a decent days wage... And to come during prime hours.  Now, float $300... That's reasonable.  And then, right during lunch.

I'd probably be a decent plumber... But dealing with people is another story. I couldn't kiss the ass of the rich for chump change.

I don’t know what he makes, but that was not a days wage. He’s on an hourly/salary comp plan I’m sure, and he had about a 20 minute drive to get here, and another 20 minutes at the house. I’m just glad I got the last part on his truck that would fix my problem. That was not a standard thing they stock, but he needed one recently so he got two. I got the extra. I don’t care if it took him 2 hours, or 2 minutes. Just FIX IT! I was paying for results, not time. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 8/8/2019 at 10:46 AM, Augie said:

Yeah right, you pulled the glock that you stole at the sex party ....