New England Patriots...meet iceberg

This has been a disaster offseason for the Pats and the news just keeps getting better and better...

All of a sudden, the term "taking one for the team" takes on a whole new meaning in Brady's case. Not even the ultimate team player is willing to do that. And reportedly that's why the new contract, which was considered "imminent" just a month ago, is now very much in question.

-- Boston Herald

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/scor....nfl/index.html

:devil:

It's an interesting bit, but once they get on the field none of this stuff matters. The Pats are a penny-pinching team...their players are willing to accept that because they consistantly contend.

Unfortunately, the Pats will be the Pats...even if their captain won't be buying an extra Bentley for his housekeeper.

I'd jump for joy if the Pats weren't such a powerhouse in our division. However, they are world champs, and I don't see that changing too much. They've still got the RB and QB to make them go.

This has been a disaster offseason for the Pats and the news just keeps getting better and better...

All of a sudden, the term "taking one for the team" takes on a whole new meaning in Brady's case. Not even the ultimate team player is willing to do that. And reportedly that's why the new contract, which was considered "imminent" just a month ago, is now very much in question.

-- Boston Herald

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/scor....nfl/index.html

:devil:

295476[/snapback]

I hope Brady takes them to the bank. Out of any of the players in this league he deserves the money. Three Superbowls in four years isn't a joke. System QB or not he is the clear leader of that team. The offense rally's around his scrawny ass. I have no idea how much he is making now but i would think 1st round rookie's make close to the same amount of money he does. Hell Peyton Manning was given the keys to Indy and hasn't done anything with it yet.

I would much rather have the bills create a team to beat the pats instead of the pats losing because of free agency and coaches bailing ship.

How can Brady "take them to the bank"? He's technically not a free agent for another 2 years and the only reason the Pats are reworking his contract is to give him a modest pay increase AND get some salary cap relief.

Even if they dont come to terms and he goes to F/A in 07, the Pats can still franchise him.

Keep thinking wishfully.

The Pats are sadly ( :rolleyes: ) beginning their demise. The pitiful offseason signings of otf injured Duane Starks, underachiever David Terrell, and journeyman PR Tim Dwight with only 1 return for a TD in his last 3 years, who also has the injury bug. Now with the TB fiasco, the future does not look as bright as it once did in beantown.

And lest we forget the BloSox who looked like a team with a WS hangover last night. I know, I know, it's only one stinkin game into the season but you do not come close to replacing Pedro with fatass David Wells and Matt Clement. Together, those two do not come close to Pedros talent level. 2090 will come sooner than you think Sox fans.

How can Brady "take them to the bank"?  He's technically not a free agent for another 2 years and the only reason the Pats are reworking his contract is to give him a modest pay increase AND get some salary cap relief. 

Even if they dont come to terms and he goes to F/A in 07, the Pats can still franchise him.     

Keep thinking wishfully.

295558[/snapback]

TH, the day that NE has to designate TB a "franchise" player, their run is officially over. Period. Please, look at the contracts of Vick and Manning.

The above is not meant in any way what NE has achieved, but good things dont last forever. Know what I mean?

Jmo, but from where I sit, NE is a wildcard team at best in 05. Hey, it's about time.

What is this, the third year of the Pats' TBD-declared demise?

In terms of accuarcy, you guys aren't even up to stopped-clock status yet.

295597[/snapback]

Yeah, about as accurate as Tommy "C_ck Rings" throwing a pass over 20 yards. :rolleyes:

Chicken Little errrr Rayzer can keep believing the Pats' sky is falling after a little roster turnover but true football fans know the difference.

Then again, he has always bought into the "championships are won in March" saying.

See you in January....as you watch us on TV again.