Democrat Debates

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

No doubt. I was only commenting on what Liz was referring to. Her comment was that people couldn’t buy homes because developers were only building big expensive homes. Which is of course illogical. Who are these developers selling these houses to? Is there some hidden stockpile of mansions sitting empty somewhere?

I was referring to Liz wanting to build more section 8 housing...

Just now, Uncle Joe said:

I was referring to Liz wanting to build more section 8 housing...

No worries. That’s a different subject. I have no doubt that Liz wants government even more involved in yet another industry. Those plans have always worked out well....cough!

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

May I ask how long ago? This place has become a dump! You’re smart to have gotten out.

Got out in the 80's so it's been awhile. I've kept up with what is going on though. I have two nieces living in Orange County and Modesto. A brother that lived in Orange County but escaped to Delaware and a sister who lived in SF area and came back to WNY.

15 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Do tell. What did you learn?

The film and the subject experts interviewed indicate that a lot of people that have become homeless are so for economic reasons and it discusses the difficulty these people have in breaking that cycle.  Yes there are a lot that have addiction and mental health issues but surprisingly many are of sound mind and body.  Gets very close and personal with several homeless people.   It's a good documentary film, worth the 90 minutes and apolitical. 

Edited by keepthefaith

Unofficial #DemDebate speaking times so far, per @Kjwalsh_news

WARREN – 6:28

KLOBUCHAR – 5:45

BIDEN – 5:10

HARRIS – 5:06

BOOKER – 4:54

SANDERS – 4:54

BUTTIGIEG – 4:13

STEYER – 3:11

GABBARD – 2:29

YANG – 2:26

5 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Kamala says she took on Brett Kavanaugh. One would think that she would want people to forget about that.

The beautiful thing about being a Democrat is you don't need to understand or even believe what their candidates say. You just need to nod and smile and repeat what you hear so loud and so often that people walk away, giving you the impression that you won the argument.

Dumb as bricks, these people. Just once I would like one of the opponents to turn to Harris and say "When you say you took on Kavanaugh, do you mean in the way you took on Willie Brown?"

• Like (+1) 3

Joe needlessly brings up that Obama's presidency had "not a scintilla of scandal". He should probably be quiet about scandals since he's facing one along with all the schitt that will be coming out soon regarding Obama's ruthless treatment of our laws.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Do you live here? The vast majority of homeless people are drug addicts. We have literally millions of poor immigrants here. They are not homeless. They have jobs and homes and still have money left over to send money back to Mexico! Our classic homeless dude is a white male who wanders the streets barking at the moon...when the moon isn’t even out. Come on out! I’ll take you on a tour. It’s disgusting, and a shame all at the same time. 

Same in SF.  They are almost all just plain old white scumbags.  Have yet to see any Mexican or Asian or Middle Eastern immigrant families sleeping on Market Street.

4 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Same in SF.  They are almost all just plain old white scumbags.  Have yet to see any Mexican or Asian or Middle Eastern immigrant families sleeping on Market Street.

Decades ago they used to be called hobos or bums and would set up camps outside of communities and mainly out of sight. They didn't call attention to themselves and were somewhat left alone. When I worked in Santa Barbara there were a few that gathered on the beach. A few years later they would gather around the famous Moreton Bay Fig Tree but the city put a stop to that.

16 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Decades ago they used to be called hobos or bums and would set up camps outside of communities and mainly out of sight. They didn't call attention to themselves and were somewhat left alone. When I worked in Santa Barbara there were a few that gathered on the beach. A few years later they would gather around the famous Moreton Bay Fig Tree but the city put a stop to that.

I remember we used to dress up as hobos for Halloween!  :lol:

• Like (+1) 1

Although I now understand that this forum needs to be renamed--it's a far cry from the open minded inviting conversations acknowledging both sides and parties it claims to be... this place is strictly red and conservative and anyone blue and progressive is belittled and ignored. Pretty obvious-- I'll give my thoughts.

Tonight was a good debate for EVERYONE.

First of all, if we voted for President on personality ALONE, Andrew Yang wins, hands down. Love the guy. Not the policies.

Warren was kinda pushed into the background which I was happy about (least favorite of the bunch), but she was good when she was speaking.

Sanders was great with his witticisms and brashness, though I don't like him as the nominee for all the same reasons I don't particularly like Warren.

Amy was really good. I think she's the dark horse in this race. I'd be happy if she won the nomination because I actually think she might be the most steadfast path to beating Trump, but she won't win.

Gabbard was very good and represented the Aloha State well with her introduction of Aloha into her closing. The attack on Mayor Pete won't work so well for her, though.

Steyer's an afterthought to me. Seems he's up there to push forward his agenda. Fine by me. He's likable enough and it's working.

Harris had a good recovery from forgettable to awful debates recently.

Booker, I hope, helped propel himself into the December debate. Really thought Booker was fantastic tonight.

Pete was just Steady Pete. He's the guy I want as the nominee. He'd be the bold and smart vote of Democratic primary voters. Warren and Sanders would be bold but stupid.

Biden had probably his strongest debate tonight. I don't know what people are looking for with him. He's ALWAYS stumbled. He's ALWAYS had gaffes. Throughout his entire career. Debates aren't something he will ever completely dominate. His strength is elsewhere, and it's why he's still going to almost certainly be the overall frontrunner, even after tonight. 

• Like (+1) 1