1966 Article About The Rolling Stones

Stones are coming to Houston tomorrow so the Houston Chronicle re-ran the review from their first concert in  Houston. Pretty interesting tone that how much it seemed they talked down about them. 

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/local/bayou-city-history/article/From-1966-Stones-feel-fans-missing-their-message-14161354.php

26 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Stones are coming to Houston tomorrow so the Houston Chronicle re-ran the review from their first concert in  Houston. Pretty interesting tone that how much it seemed they talked down about them. 

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/local/bayou-city-history/article/From-1966-Stones-feel-fans-missing-their-message-14161354.php

LOL!   I can't think of a U.S. city less ready for the Stones in 1966 than Houston.   That article read like it was written by a 50-something general news reporter rather than a younger, more up-to-date music critic (which, come to think of it, probably didn't exist back in the day on a paper like the Chronicle)...

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Lurker said:

LOL!   I can't think of a U.S. city less ready for the Stones in 1966 than Houston.   That article read like it was written by a 50-something general news reporter rather than a younger, more up-to-date music critic (which, come to think of it, probably didn't exist back in the day on a paper like the Chronicle)...

What's funny is  I can probably guarentee you the headline in Sunday's paper is something along the lines of "Stones Give Fans Satisfaction in Rockin Show Last Night." It'll be the complete opposite. A fluff piece kissing their ass. 

17 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

Mick is 76 today...26 July 1943

And still puts on a better show than performers a 3rd of his age. 

Edited by The Real Buffalo Joe
  • Like (+1) 2

48 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

Mick is 76 today...26 July 1943

For his grand 25th party, Macca brought over the final acetate of Hey Jude, which completely stole the rest of the evening