McFaddens Out? PSA for NYC Bills Viewing

Saw this on the Twitter. I am assuming this place is taking over for McFaddens! Man, if so I kinda pissed. Always wanted to see a game there. Anyway, figured we have a lot of NYC members, or people visiting there in game weekends. 

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Public House is just ok.  It’s a chain, super loud, not anywhere you’d want to go on an ordinary day.  Then again, Murray Hill bars are just terrible - full of 23 year-old bros.  I didn’t love McFaddens but at least it had some character.

why did they switch out? McFaddens just not big enough?

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

McFaddens had overflow next door to Calico Jacks, which I believe were owned by the same owners.

However, they are both closed it appears, that's why they need to move to a new location.

And everyone is right....Murray Hill bars are horrible. Bro-city, and a ton of chicks on their phones not paying attention to *****.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

Multiple reasons.  Management change, worsening service, taking Bills club for granted, etc.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Plano said:

and a ton of chicks 

that all i need right there!!! My dad bod does the rest!

Buddy had a place in Murray Hill for years, always enjoyed the neighborhood..but i was already old and married then so the clubs i cant vouch for!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

McFaddens closed?  That’s depressing.  One of the best places I’ve ever watched a Bills game. $20 all you can drink/ wings in NYC during the game.  

McFaddens is still open.  BBNYC is moving to a different location.   Former owner at McFaddens drew them there hoping for a better experience.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

McFaddens closed?  That’s depressing.  One of the best places I’ve ever watched a Bills game. $20 all you can drink/ wings in NYC during the game.  

That sounds like the kind of deal that could put a place out of business! I figure I can have DTV all year for what I spend on 16 Sundays a year. (Don’t bother doing the math for me.....it’s my story and I’m sticking to it!) 

5 minutes ago, Augie said:

That sounds like the kind of deal that could put a place out of business! I figure I can have DTV all year for what I spend on 16 Sundays a year. (Don’t bother doing the math for me.....it’s my story and I’m sticking to it!) 

The place was always packed to the gills.  I believe it was only on domestic during the game.  But only the game gets going, shots start flowing so I imagine they did well.  

But nothing is cooler than getting off the train in Manhattan and being surrounded by Bills fans on the streets.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

The place was always packed to the gills.  I believe it was only on domestic during the game.  But only the game gets going, shots start flowing so I imagine they did well.  

But nothing is cooler than getting off the train in Manhattan and being surrounded by Bills fans on the streets.

I get that! I love the Bills bar here in Atlanta, at least early in the season. Hundreds of Bills fans, and tremendous energy! My wife now spends about half of her month working in Manhattan (she’s there as I type), so maybe I’ll have a chance to check out the new place this year! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

I'm from North Jersey, literally 10 min outside NYC. Was at McFaddens once, very fun experience but I love the Bills Backers bars in North Jersey and suggest any NYC residents to cross the bridge and check out Duffys in Paterson,NJ. Amazing game day experience . 

There's also one in Hoboken , name escapes me but Duffys just has a different vibe and energy on game day.

4 hours ago, Plano said:

McFaddens had overflow next door to Calico Jacks, which I believe were owned by the same owners.

However, they are both closed it appears, that's why they need to move to a new location.

And everyone is right....Murray Hill bars are horrible. Bro-city, and a ton of chicks on their phones not paying attention to *****.

Talked to high school buddy today via text and he is one of the guys on NYCBB board..or something like that.

Said Calicos closed down mid season last year, service has gone to pot at McFadden's and he expects they too shall close soon. So they don't want to get caught mid season with having to find a new place

Said the new place has the same owner and GM as when they first started working with McFaddens..so they think will be a better overall experience!

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Still open..but doesn't sound like for long. I have just texted to see if new pace will have specials, will post here when i hear from him

2 hours ago, Augie said:

My wife now spends about half of her month working in Manhattan (she’s there as I type), so maybe I’ll have a chance to check out the new place this year! 

For a moment I thought you were going to say it was an excuse to really ‘tie one on’...?

Hmm, this was in the BN, and i missed it!

https://buffalonews.com/2019/07/25/new-york-city-bills-backers-change-gathering-spot-after-17-years/

At Public House, game day specials will include $35 unlimited Labatt Blue, Budweiser, Bud Light and Molson, $40 unlimited beer and wings, $50 unlimited open bar, $55 unlimited open bar and wings, and $15 unlimited soda and half-off beer.