Ex-NFL QB Anthony Wright shot

CLTbills

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/ex-nfl-qb-anthony-wright-shot-multiple-times

So this is pretty crazy. This literally happened in my neighborhood. Apparently the shooter was dropping off his six-year-old daughter at her mother's house and Anthony Wright is her new boyfriend. The ex-boyfriend and new boyfriend had a verbal altercation, and the ex shot him. I didn't even know he lived there (I've never met the people, but they seem nice enough.. but like we don't see them at the pool, etc.) My wife and I actually walked through that house when it was for sale three years ago, and LOVED the house, but it was a really crappy lot. We ended up buying another house of the same floor plan in the neighborhood, that was on a much more desirable (for us) lot. It's just crazy. You hear about this stuff happening, but when it happens in your own backyard, it seems different. I'm not saying it's an "upscale" neighborhood, but it's a pretty quiet neighborhood that you have to have a little bit of money to live in. Average home values are 300-400k I think. Not necessarily in the 'hood. 

What ever happened to the days of just punching a guy (instead of shooting him) when you had a disagreement? That poor little girl will be scarred for a long time. She witnessed the whole thing. Horrifying, although thankfully, I believe he's going to be OK.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, mead107 said:

Crazy world ? we live in.  

....business is sure steady at "The Arcade".......................

4 Dead, 56 Wounded in Shootings Across Chicago

Three of the fatal shootings occurred Saturday, police said

Published Jun 30, 2019 at 1:22 PM | Updated at 9:01 AM CDT on Jul 1, 2019

Four people are dead and at least 56 others have been wounded in a violent start to the weekend across the city of Chicago.

14 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....business is sure steady at "The Arcade".......................

4 Dead, 56 Wounded in Shootings Across Chicago

Three of the fatal shootings occurred Saturday, police said

Published Jun 30, 2019 at 1:22 PM | Updated at 9:01 AM CDT on Jul 1, 2019

Four people are dead and at least 56 others have been wounded in a violent start to the weekend across the city of Chicago.

Why are some people fascinated with Chicago shootings?  It has always been:

"Bang bang Chicago, Al Capone, bang bang!"

Chicago shares borders with so many jurisdictions that make it easy for guns.  There is no buffer zone with like non-like minded areas.  It's a victim of geography.  You have a gun desert/void surrounded by a free-for all.  Of course the free-for all will spill into the worst parts of the void.  It is what it is. (I) Don't quite get the fascination, but I have always been an outsider.

Where do you think the fascination about Chicago gun violence comes from? People aren't getting shot up on the MagMile as they shop. Just like the gangster era, when it does spill into the MagMile THAT'S when real change will be made.

You think legalization will make it all go away... It will be a bigger zoo, IMO.  Right now, the lack of legalization is the only thing keeping it from being a true Bosnia.  Exploding violence all over.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois