Happy #CanadaDay to all our friends up North!

1 hour ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Happy not 4th of July!

:lol:

Yeah!  LoL... They (Tories) are the one's that ran to British Canada during American Revolution and then same stunt* (declare independence) we did 91 years later... And so close to the 4th of July!  What the heck gives.  Appropriators!  /smh

*Ok, declaring independence is NOT a "stunt"... Used for lack of better word, but in 1776 I guess it could have been looked at as a "crazy stunt."   Especially by the loyalists that fled to the Province of Quebec (later to be Upper Canada). 

[Glad you started it JSP.  I had to speak my mind ?]

Oh... Happy Canada Day! ?

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

2 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Yeah!  LoL... They (Tories) are the one's that ran to British Canada during American Revolution and then same stunt* (declare independence) we did 91 years later... And so close to the 4th of July!  What the heck gives.  Appropriators!  /smh

*Ok, declaring independence is NOT a "stunt"... Used for lack of better word, but in 1776 I guess it could have been looked at as a "crazy stunt."   Especially by the loyalists that fled to the Province of Quebec (later to be Upper Canada). 

AND they tried to steal our Thanksgiving too 

thanks for all the warm wishes from my American friends, and a Happy 4th of July to y'all to in a few days

i guess you are all burning off the Friday as a long weekend?  Well deserved...

10 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

soooooooooo.  I have a ??  

I have passport and I'm going up to Rochester for the 4th.  

Can I drive to Canada, cross the border and buy a case of beer and a bag-o-weed?  

the beer for sure, not sure about the bag-o weed if there isn't a cultural translation shock here...  

• Thank you (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

AND they tried to steal our Thanksgiving too 

yours is way too late if you combine it with Christmas

Canada's creeps up on you and is here before you know it

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, row_33 said:

yours is way too late if you combine it with Christmas

Canada's creeps up on you and is here before you know it

Uh... Thanksgiving shouldn't be associated with consumerism and gratuitous shopping for needless *****. AND most certainly NOT tied into Christmas.  That's of course NOT the point of Christmas either!

Sure you're not more "American" than me? ?Gee, let's think of the shoppers!

17 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Uh... Thanksgiving shouldn't be associated with consumerism and gratuitous shopping for needless *****. AND most certainly NOT tied into Christmas.  That's of course NOT the point of Christmas either!

Sure you're not more "American" than me? ?Gee, let's think of the shoppers!

yes, it's quite an example how the US keeps its Thanksgiving away from sports and commercial enterprise...  :D

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

yes, it's quite an example how the US keeps its Thanksgiving away from sports and commercial enterprise...  :D

No.  But let's not make it worse.

And anyway, Thanksgiving is a New England holiday. Lincoln did utilize it politically to stick it up the South's azz. LoL

If it can't be used for commercial gain, it most certainly can be used for political gain! That's the true American spirit! ?