Another Outpost Of Freedom Is In Danger Of Going Dark

And now laser pointers are being talked up by HK authorities as being weapons. They are being called "laser guns".

Student was stopped by off-duty officers after buying 10 laser pointers which police say have been used to attack them

So what do the protesters do? Why, have a light show, of course.

Edited by Hedge
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Some sources report that Zhang warned that the protests in Hong Kong have become very similar to a "coloured revolution" and that it was necessary to "safeguard our homeland and prevent Hong Kong from sinking into an abyss".

The term "coloured revolution" refers to the civil unrest that developed in the early 2000s in some former Soviet republics, which China dreads. For years, China’s Communist leaders have feared their regime might suffer the same fate as the Soviet Union, pushing them to seek total control over the media, activists, NGOs and religious groups.

At the seminar in Shenzhen, Zhang again reiterated Beijing’s full support for Hong Kong’s leader and police force, stressing that backing them was key to restoring order.

Zhang warned that if the protest crisis escalated beyond the local government’s control, Beijing would not sit by and watch. The People’s Liberation Army (PLA) could be deployed to restore law and order.

He left open the possibility of an independent probe – one of the protesters’ demand – but said that this is not the most urgent thing and should wait until “things quiet down”.

Hong Kong lawmakers and delegates, like Maria Tam, Elsie Leung, Regina Ip and Ip Kwok-him, immediately backed Zhang. For the latter, young protesters have been manipulated by outside forces, a claim mainland Chinese media have been conveying for some time.

http://www.asianews.it/news-en/Beijing-declares-war-on-Hong-Kong-protests-47708.html

8 hours ago, Hedge said:

And now laser pointers are being talked up by HK authorities as being weapons. They are being called "laser guns".

Student was stopped by off-duty officers after buying 10 laser pointers which police say have been used to attack them

So what do the protesters do? Why, have a light show, of course.

I'm making a laser pointer with a bayonet lug, and calling it an "assault laser."  

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, B-Man said:

I'm assuming that the protesters think that if they let up, the police will try and quietly start arresting them in the night. This has become an independence movement, not completely dissimilar from Boston 1775 

3 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

While we're distracted by the Epstein story.

Coincidence?  Or did the Clintons time the Epstein homicide to cover China's invasion of Hong Kong?  I'm curious to know what orders Chelsea's given the Pacific Fleet...

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

While we're distracted by the Epstein story.

Coincidence?  Or did the Clintons time the Epstein homicide to cover China's invasion of Hong Kong?  I'm curious to know what orders Chelsea's given the Pacific Fleet...

She meant to tell the fleet to "damn the torpedoes, full steam ahead" but her teleprompter was on the fritz and I heard she was frustrated because she couldn't remember her lines,  and told them to "do what you usually do".

On August 9, 2019 at 10:22 AM, Tiberius said:

I'm assuming that the protesters think that if they let up, the police will try and quietly start arresting them in the night. This has become an independence movement, not completely dissimilar from Boston 1775 

Or Tiananmen 1989.

• Like (+1) 1