Major League Baseball Predction Thread

I think Pavano is worth about 15-16 wins on the Yankees. I have a lot more doubts about Brown (attitude and health) and Wright (general inconsistency before ATL).

295371[/snapback]

Comparing Vazquez, Wright and Pavano...I'd say they both are going to have a rough transition period.

Vazquez was to the point of dominant in his last year in Montreal. Then NY happened. Vazquez's K/9 numbers were much better and his ERA was lower than Jaret's, .25 of a run higher than Pavano. Also, Vazquez was brought after coming off much more consistency than Pavano or Wright. Wins....yeah well even Vazquez wrapped up 14 last year with the Yanks with his 4.91 ERA.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do realize they are "awesome", but they still won't win 115 games.

Why? Because of the starters as I mentioned and the overall age of your offensive players.

295381[/snapback]

What does age of our offensive players have to do with anything? Look at the number Sheff put up last year. And he's one of our oldest! Now, we have A-Rod, Matsui, Jeter, Giambi, Posada, yeah, they're over 30 but give me a break. We have the best offensive lineup from leadoff to number 9 out of any team in baseball.

What does age of our offensive players have to do with anything? Look at the number Sheff put up last year. And he's one of our oldest! Now, we have A-Rod, Matsui, Jeter, Giambi, Posada, yeah, they're over 30 but give me a break. We have the best offensive lineup from leadoff to number 9 out of any team in baseball.

295401[/snapback]

You said it right there! They are over 30. Look, 92 wins is pretty darn good and that's what I'm predicting. I don't thing Bernie, Sheff,Giambi, Tino Martinez, Tony Womack, Posada or Sheff will be able to give much more than 135 games.

Sure, Jeter and Arod will, but we all saw how Arod fizzled in the three and four spots in the lineup last year. Can you honestly be comfortable with him leading your team?

You said it right there! They are over 30. Look, 92 wins is pretty darn good and that's what I'm predicting. I don't thing Bernie, Sheff,Giambi, Tino Martinez, Tony Womack, Posada or Sheff will be able to give much more than 135 games.

Sure, Jeter and Arod will, but we all saw how Arod fizzled in the three and four spots in the lineup last year. Can you honestly be comfortable with him leading your team?

295411[/snapback]

Arod leads our team? Ummm I think Derek Jeter leads our team......

295411[/snapback]

So let me get this straight. The Giants won't win anything because they don't have Barry Bonds (according to many sports writers) and he's 40 something years old. And I'm supposed to be concerned that our starters are in their 30's? I think not.

And on to your second point. Am I concerned about the best player in baseball leading our team? Is that a serious question? And he's not the leader anyway. Jeter is the leader of the Yankees and that takes a lot of pressure off of A-Rod. You watch, A-Rod will be much more productive this year.

Only the Yankees can pay 25 million dollars for a number two hitter.

He's your offensive leader like it or not.

295425[/snapback]

umm that would be Hideki Matsui and Gary Sheffield. Arod is one of many potent bats in our lineup

umm that would be Hideki Matsui and Gary Sheffield.  Arod is one of many potent bats in our lineup

295427[/snapback]

Maybe I'm missing something....guy is best offensive player in the game next to Bonds but yet he's not the offensive leader of your team?

Maybe I'm missing something....guy is best offensive player in the game next to Bonds but yet he's not the offensive leader of your team.

295434[/snapback]

How did it go from "leader of our team" to "offensive leader of our team"....? A-Rod is a great offensive player, but that's what's so great about the Yankees. We have the luxury of putting A-Rod at the number 2 spot. He'll probably finish in the 4 spot but we'll see. Matsui is an absolute freak and Sheff cannot be denied. Last night was no indication. You will not see Ruben Sierra in the 4 spot often. :devil:

Maybe I'm missing something....guy is best offensive player in the game next to Bonds but yet he's not the offensive leader of your team?

295434[/snapback]

Please name the last "offensive leader of any team" that took the majority of their at bats in the 2 spot.

295434[/snapback]

Matsui 109 runs .298 avg 31 HRs 108 RBI .390 OBB .522 SLG

Sheffield 117 run .290 avg 36 HRs 121 RBI .393 OBB .534 SLG

Arod 112 runs .286 avg 36 HRs 106 RBI .375 OBB .512 SLG

How again is Arod our offensive leader?

Matsui 109 runs .298 avg 31 HRs 108 RBI .390 OBB .522 SLG

Sheffield 117 run .290 avg  36 HRs 121 RBI .393 OBB .534 SLG

Arod 112 runs .286 avg  36 HRs 106 RBI .375 OBB .512 SLG

How again is Arod our offensive leader?

295451[/snapback]

Last year was a down year for Arod. His OPS was 100 points below his career average. He averages 10 more bombs and 20 more RBI's per year than Shef.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/stats?statsId=4268

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/stats?statsId=5275

Last year was a down year for Arod. His OPS was 100 points below his career average. He averages 10 more bombs and 20 more RBI's per year than Shef.

295457[/snapback]

I dont care what he used to do. I care what he does for the Yanks. Sheff and Matsui are more productive Yankees then ARod

295457[/snapback]

Was he a Yankee then? Ummm.... no.... The point is that with the Yankees there isn't any one particular offensive leader. Anyone in that line up has the same chance of beating anyone on any given night.

Heres my predictions.

I will get hammered( thank god for a sister who lives on Metro) at at least three Nats game this year. RFK here I come!!!!

The Nats lead the league in attendance.

Now that I have officially shifted loyaties to the Nats from the O's, the O's beat both the Sox and the Yanks and go to the world series.