Major League Baseball Predction Thread

You chumps can cherish an opening season victory all you want ---- but the Red Sox are the World Champs, so deal with it!!!!!!! One game does not a season make.

294944[/snapback]

:devil:

And 6 World Series championships does not equate to 26 WS Rings either.

Whose the chump again? :doh:

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They will be better then people think...their lineup is very good, they have good, not great, but good young pitching and BJ Ryan will be a top closer someday.

295232[/snapback]

I expect them to get past .500 if their pitching does not regress; Ray Miller has been a big boast to them. The bullpen has been upgraded a bit with a couple of FA signings and I agree that BJ Ryan is a better closer than Jorge Julio was.

The lineup can hopefully improve against left-handed pitchers. That was their main problem last year, actually. If Sosa and their other right-handed hitters can improve, maybe their line-up can indeed be as stellar as some claim.

:devil:  :lol:  :doh:  :lol:  :doh:  :lol:

Did the Cardinals get the memo that they were supposed to participate in the 2004 World Series?

294988[/snapback]

It's like this.

St. Louis Cardinals- The best team in baseball for 6 months.

Boston Red Sox- The best team in baseball for two weeks.

And what is up with everyone here picking against the Cardinals? Do they just not want to admit that we are still the best in the N.L? What is the deal.

And what is up with everyone here picking against the Cardinals?  Do they just not want to admit that we are still the best in the N.L?  What is the deal.

295259[/snapback]

I think it is a combonation of a couple of factors:

Maybe people think pitchers like Chris Carpenter might not hold up for an entire year (he has a long history of injuries) and Jeff Suppan and Jason Marquis had career years. Now this might not be the case, but maybe that part of the reason for the thinking the Cards might not advance. And will they be able to replace Renteria at SS, is Eckstein really the answer there? And Matheny is such a great defensive catcher, will they miss him and the presence Im sure he had on the pitching staff?

The other factor is some of the teams behind them IMO got getter, like Florida and Atlanta. And Im sure people still believe if the Cubs can keep their trio of Zambrano, Wood and Prior healthy, they can beat anyone in a short series.

Having said all this, it would not shock me one bit to see the Cards in the WS again.

It's like this.

And what is up with everyone here picking against the Cardinals?  Do they just not want to admit that we are still the best in the N.L?  What is the deal.

295259[/snapback]

You left something off.

The Red Sox were the best team in baseball for two weeks. The two weeks that count.

Let me outline why I find Red Sox fans to be obnoxious.

1. They think that they are the only ones who hate the Yankees. Fans of other teams have hated the Yankees forever. The only difference is that these teams actually got past them more than once between 1918 and 2004.

2. The fact that Red Sox fans go to other teams stadiums and think they are the only ones who know anything about baseball. The teams playing may have nothing to do with the Red Sox, but they will be there in scattered numbers and act like they run the place. They will find each other and yell at the top of their lungs "Go Red Sox" and until 2004, they would yell "Nomarrrrrrr!"

3. Their belief that no city has better fans than them and that no team has a better ballpark.

4. The obnoxious intellectuals who obsess over the Red Sox in the most nail on the chalkboard ways.

5. Their perpetuation of this idea that no other team in MLB matters and that it's just them and the Yankees and everything else is scenery and how they get the media to go along with it.

6. How they complain about how much the Yankees spend, yet they have often have the second highest payroll in baseball.

7. Whoops, almost forgot, I also get annoyed by them because they usually double as Patriots fans. <-----Not this Red Sox fan. DIEHARD Bills fan, and football is #1 to me.

Someone forgot to take his medication today lol.

294943[/snapback]

They're from Boston.

They're from Boston.

295285[/snapback]

I also just have to root against Boston when they play the Yankees because Boston is more likely to be the one that falters this year out of the two. The chances of the Orioles overtaking any of them is small, but the chances are even smaller that they will overtake the Yankees rather than the Red Sox.

Besides, the Orioles were 10-9 against the Red Sox and something God-awful against the Yankees.

And my future father-in-law is a huge Yankees fan, so I am trying to mend fences.

It's like this.

295259[/snapback]

1990 Bills- best team in the NFL for 5 months.

1990 Giants - best team for one game.

If you learned nothing else from last year and the beating you ended up taking please let it be that it is October when champions are made.

1990 Bills- best team in the NFL for 5 months.

1990 Giants - best team for one game.

If you learned nothing else from last year and the beating you ended up taking please let it be that it is October when champions are made.

295300[/snapback]

Also...

1993: Bills best team in the NFL until the Super Bowl

1993: Cowboys best team after the Super Bowl.

Bills 12-4 and beat Cowboys head to head during regular season. Cowboys 12-4...

Best ballpark?  You haven't been many places if that's actually your take.

295309[/snapback]

I would actually agree that the Cardinals have some of the best fans. Best ballpark, I have my doubts...

ESPN.com's Page 2 took a tour of all the ball parks and rated them for what it's worth. Their rankings can be found by scrolling down a bit in the article found here.

I have only been to Camden Yards many times and Yankees Stadium once. I obviously found Camden Yards to be a bit better, but Yankees Stadium is underrated in my opinion. I guess the mystique of the place makes up for the quality of the facilities.

St.Louis has great fans. I'm not a Cards fan, but that city LOVES their baseball team.

I also think it's a bit overblown to paint all Yankee fans or Redsox fans (or even Patriot fans for that matter) as being jerks just because a vocal minority of those fans are. There are plenty of great Yankee fans and Redsox fans that love their teams and don't bother slinging mud (unless it's in jest).

IMO anway...

St.Louis has great fans. I'm not a Cards fan, but that city LOVES their baseball team.

I also think it's a bit overblown to paint all Yankee fans or Redsox fans (or even Patriot fans for that matter) as being jerks just because a vocal minority of those fans are. There are plenty of great Yankee fans and Redsox fans that love their teams and don't bother slinging mud (unless it's in jest).

IMO anway...

295347[/snapback]

I completely agree, and I was saying what I said before tongue-in-cheek. I apologize if that wasn't clear.

Yanks win 115+ games and sweep the playoffs.

Randy Johnson makes a run at 30 wins.  I guess 28.

Hideki Matsui puts up triple crown like numbers and wins the AL MVP

295354[/snapback]

woahhhh.....homer picks right there. Seeing Brownie already is down and probably won't start much at all this year, Pavano and Wright are both NL pitchers who are nowhere near as dominate as Randy is I doubt you are going to get to 115 wins.

You'll win 92.

woahhhh.....homer picks right there. Seeing Brownie already is down and probably won't start much at all this year, Pavano and Wright are both NL pitchers who are nowhere near as dominate as Randy is I doubt you are going to get to 115 wins.

You'll win 92.

295360[/snapback]

Brown sucks and I dont even want him as our fifth starter. Pavano and Wright are gonna get run support like they have never seen before. The Yanks bullpen is ridiculous right now. The Yanks can play small ball with the best of them and they are still the Bronx Bombers. They probably will have 9 or 10 players with 20+ HRs. Yes I am a Yanks fan but any fan of baseball cannot look at that team and not realize that they are awesome. 92 wins is laughable. Maybe a month after the allstar break we will have 92 wins. No way do the Yanks win under a 100 this year and it will be well above the century mark

Brown sucks and I dont even want him as our fifth starter.  Pavano and Wright are gonna get run support like they have never seen before.  The Yanks bullpen is ridiculous right now.  The Yanks can play small ball with the best of them and they are still the Bronx Bombers.  They probably will have 9 or 10 players with 20+ HRs.  Yes I am a Yanks fan but any fan of baseball cannot look at that team and not realize that they are awesome.  92 wins is laughable.  Maybe a month after the allstar break we will have 92 wins.  No way do the Yanks win under a 100 this year and it will be well above the century mark

295367[/snapback]

I think Pavano is worth about 15-16 wins on the Yankees. I have a lot more doubts about Brown (attitude and health) and Wright (general inconsistency before ATL).