Major League Baseball Predction Thread

Millbank---Giambi was a .281 22 homer 80 RBI guy before he started juicing.

I think that is what can be expected.

294162[/snapback]

In reaction to the getting the facts right thread, you have the exact facts to back up that statement?

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In reaction to the getting the facts right thread, you have the exact facts to back up that statement?

294461[/snapback]

Actually Clements I was going to rag on him about that as well but taking at look at Jason's career, one can see his early carrer reflecting the sited numbers and the better numbers are during thought to be juiced period. Mind you there are a couple of years he excelled without as well......

I think what is a valid hope is Jason proving he did not need steroids to reach these levels , a point which would be a large positive to young people watching.

Here are his numbers in career they speak for themselves

Jason Giambi

Actually Clements  I was going to rag on him about that as well but taking at look at Jason's career, one can see his early carrer reflecting the sited numbers and the better numbers are during thought to be juiced period.  Mind you there are a couple of years he excelled without as well......

I think what is a valid hope is Jason proving he did not need steroids to reach these levels , a point which would be a large positive to young people watching.

Here are his numbers in career they speak for themselves

Jason Giambi

294467[/snapback]

Thanx Millbank(and clements)...I have lived in the Oakland area for 21 years and have followed the A's verrry closely.I DID short change him slightly on average.He is a good guy...and I hope he has a great year.

All right, I already said that I was not going to get into further discussion over this stuff, since this was a prediction thread. But people keep on attacking what I said. So, I regrettably have to weigh back in.

It is more so with the AL Central, but the AL West is weaker than the AL East. The unbalanced schedule within divisions make teams in weaker divisions have higher records than they would normally.

To prove me wrong you'd have to show that the AL West is a better division than the AL East. Now, top to bottom maybe you could prove this using a long enough time frame and show that, but at the top, the AL East has been better. It is much harder for the small market teams in the AL East to compete when they have to beat out the teams with the two highest payrolls. It is self-perpetuating as free agents will avoid the small market teams in the AL East specifically because they feel that there is little chance to compete with those two clubs. Eventually I think the Yankees will get too old and the Red Sox will have some bad luck with injuries and such but that doesn't seem to be happening any time soon.

294442[/snapback]

Until last year I still cant agree with you that the AL west was weaker than the AL east--..I think they were very close--with the Yankees being the best team--.I do understand the weighted schedules which you correctly mention---But Oakland was playing a strong Seattle team AND a strong Anaheim team---whereas The yankees played a strong boston team and weeeeak orioles and blue jay squads.

The angels kicked the yankees butts a couple of times and the yankees edged out barely those A's teams. The top of the Al EAST CONSISTED OF THE Yankees. -The sox were not a great team until they got Schilling.--You bring up an excellent point about the self perpetuating problem in the EAST with players avoiding the small-market teams(altho its hard to see why toronto and baltimore are considered small market--maybe they are just CHEAPER since both are huge metro areas)

Until last year I still cant agree with you that the AL west was weaker than the AL east--..I think they were very close--with the Yankees being the best team--.I do understand the weighted schedules which you correctly mention---But Oakland was playing a strong Seattle team AND a strong Anaheim team---whereas The yankees played a strong boston team and weeeeak orioles and blue jay squads.

The angels kicked the yankees butts a couple of times and the yankees edged out barely those A's teams. The top of the Al EAST CONSISTED OF THE Yankees. -The sox were not a great team until they got Schilling.--You bring up an excellent point about the self perpetuating problem in the EAST with players avoiding the small-market teams(altho its hard to see why toronto and baltimore are considered small market--maybe they are just CHEAPER since both are huge metro areas)

294476[/snapback]

Toronto are about two years off, they have a good group of prospects ready to emerge and their owner has given management $240 million to spend on team over the next three seasons. This pales compared to Yankees and some others but smartly spent it can fill the needs.

Both Baltimore and Toronto will be improved enough they will not be the easy wins they were last year and its my opinion both will win enough games against both Boston and New York that one will not be playoff team.....

NL East: Braves

NL Central: CARDINALS

NL West: Padres

AL East: Yankees

AL Central: Twins

AL West: Angels

AL Wild Card: Red Sox

NL Wild Card: Giants

AL Champion: NY Yankees

NL Champion: ST. LOUIS CARDINALS

World Champion: ST. LOUIS CARDINALS

Series outcome: 4-0

:)

In the words of the great Neil Peart:

Plus ca change,

Plus c'est la meme chose

294499[/snapback]

I'm just making my realistic predictions. I picked St. Louis to sweep the Yankees last year and the Yankees would have gotten swept against us, but they choked against Boston.

I'm just making my realistic predictions.  I picked St. Louis to sweep the Yankees last year and the Yankees would have gotten swept against us, but they choked against Boston.

294505[/snapback]

Starting the season in rare form BF. Keep digging that hole....

AL East: NY Yankees

AL Central: Minnesota Twins

AL West: Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim who may add Orange County to their names

AL Wildcard: Boston Red Sox

American League Champion: Yanks

NL East: New York Mets

NL Central: St Louis Cardinals

NL West: San Francisco Giants

NL Wildcard: Atlanta Braves

National League Champions: Cards

World Series Champions: Yanks

MVP (AL): Gary Sheffield, Yanks