Bi-Partisan Support For Impeachment

LOOKING AHEAD

The impeachment frenzy that has manifested this week among Democrats may have staying power. Now even trying to keep confidential presidential communications with foreign leaders away from prying eyes is to be seen as a high crime or misdemeanor. It bids to take a place in the articles of impeachment on which House Democrats can barely wait to vote. Personally, I hope they lead with it.

Taking off from a CNN story with three familiar bylines, the New York Times reassigned four of its top reporters from the racism beat to report the story “White House Classified Computer System Is Used to Hold Transcripts of Sensitive Calls.” Subhead: “Current and former officials said the White House used a highly classified computer system accessible to only a select few officials to store transcripts of calls from President Vladimir Putin and the Saudi royal family.”

The sourcing is familiar as well: “The White House concealed some reconstructed transcripts of delicate calls between President Trump and foreign officials, including President Vladimir V. Putin and the Saudi royal family, in a highly classified computer system after embarrassing leaks of his conversations, according to current and former officials.”

And that’s not all: “The latest revelations show the focus that White House officials put on safeguarding not only classified information but also delicate calls with Mr. Trump, the details of which the administration did not want leaked.”

Footnote: “While the calls included delicate information about Mr. Trump’s discussions about the killing of the journalist Jamal Khashoggi, there was no apparent evidence of impropriety by Mr. Trump, said a person familiar with the matter.”

It’s a coverup!

This cannot stand!

President Trump’s repeated references to a “witch hunt” may save the phenomena manifesting among the Democrats and their media adjunct. Real or fabricated — I hesitate to say — hysteria has become the ruling passion of the Democrats.

More at the link: https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2019/09/looking-ahead.php

Edited by B-Man

Back in December 2018 CTH noted the significant House rule changes constructed by Nancy Pelosi for the 116th congress seemed specifically geared toward impeachment. {Go Deep} With the House going into a scheduled calendar recess, those rules are now being used to subvert historic processes and construct the articles of impeachment.

A formal vote to initiate an “impeachment inquiry” is not technically required; however, there has always been a full house vote until now.  The reason not to have a House vote is simple: if the formal process was followed the minority (republicans) would have enforceable rights within it.  Without a vote to initiate, the articles of impeachment can be drawn up without any participation by the minority; and without any input from the executive. 

This was always the plan that was visible in Pelosi’s changed House rules.

1aq-190gm3.jpg?resize=533,600&ssl=1................Screen-Shot-2019-09-24-at-7.27.05-PM.png

11 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Back in December 2018 CTH noted the significant House rule changes constructed by Nancy Pelosi for the 116th congress seemed specifically geared toward impeachment. {Go Deep} With the House going into a scheduled calendar recess, those rules are now being used to subvert historic processes and construct the articles of impeachment.

A formal vote to initiate an “impeachment inquiry” is not technically required; however, there has always been a full house vote until now.  The reason not to have a House vote is simple: if the formal process was followed the minority (republicans) would have enforceable rights within it.  Without a vote to initiate, the articles of impeachment can be drawn up without any participation by the minority; and without any input from the executive. 

This was always the plan that was visible in Pelosi’s changed House rules.

1aq-190gm3.jpg?resize=533,600&ssl=1................Screen-Shot-2019-09-24-at-7.27.05-PM.png

House committee rules have been altered in order to protect dem reps in red states. Up until a few months ago the impeachment process required a vote from the full House in order to be able to subpoena testimony and evidence. This required each rep to take a stand. The rules have been cleverly changed so that hearings can take place without the minorities knowledge and of course participation. It is also ok to have staff members and outside lawyers question people giving test...imony. This is a sneaky way of getting the ball rolling during the upcoming recess. The DOJ is getting very close to dropping the shoe on many of the establishment. This will affect both dems and republicans, but mostly dems. This whole impeachment process is nothing more than a preemptive strike to try to overshadow indictments coming down. We all know that there is no way that the Senate will vote for impeachment. There are several issues that congress should be working on but the dems are terrified to give Trump a win on anything. In addition to the above, Trump is working on sorting out crucial trade deals and making sure Iran doesn't get nukes and quits financing terror. The dems actions are undermining Trump and giving our adversaries hope that he'll lose in 2020 and they will have a softer adversary in the WH.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Insanity.

That I have principles beyond "crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women?"  That I prioritize the classical liberal principles enshrined in the Constitution above the pulp magazine writing of Robert E. Howard?

You're an idiot.

2 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

That I have principles beyond "crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women?"  That I prioritize the classical liberal principles enshrined in the Constitution above the pulp magazine writing of Robert E. Howard?

You're an idiot.

You realize, of course, that the people perpetrating this have no such principles?

8 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

You realize, of course, that the people perpetrating this have no such principles?

Joe, this subject seems to come up often with you. We have our standards and the perpetrators have their standards. You despise them don't you? If we adopted their standards then we would be what you despise. We just need to outsmart them. It might be more difficult in the short run to take the high road but if we don't we've become them and acquiesced to their will.

20 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Joe, this subject seems to come up often with you. We have our standards and the perpetrators have their standards. You despise them don't you? If we adopted their standards then we would be what you despise. We just need to outsmart them. It might be more difficult in the short run to take the high road but if we don't we've become them and acquiesced to their will.

Because I despise that these enemies of the people are allowed to operate unchecked and in broad daylight and no one seems to give a ***** about it.

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Because I despise that these enemies of the people are allowed to operate unchecked and in broad daylight and no one seems to give a ***** about it.

"I'm incensed, and everyone who isn't as incensed as me is a traitor!"

You should be a liberal, seriously.