Red Sox Manager Not Visiting White House

Tim Thomas started all this because he thought Obama was bad, lol. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/05/07/racial-divide-red-sox-visit-trumps-white-house-is-impossible-ignore/?utm_term=.a7d7c40b1a0c

BALTIMORE — Boston Red Sox Manager Alex Cora recently discovered the “mute” function on Twitter, which has come in handy in the aftermath of his decision, first revealed over the weekend by a newspaper in his native Puerto Rico, to skip the defending World Series champions’ scheduled visit to the White House on Thursday.

But to date, no such button exists for real life. And so, on Monday afternoon in the visiting dugout at Oriole Park at Camden Yards, Cora patiently answered questions for a third straight day about that decision — as the Red Sox’s White House visit is increasingly framed as a story about race, ethnicity and politics.

“I learned conviction from my dad and mom,” Cora said Monday about his decision. “The last text I got before the game was from my mom, and it was a powerful one.”

The manager or coach of a championship team rarely, if ever, skips the traditional White House visit the following season (provided they are employed by the franchise). As such, Cora became the highest-profile member of the Red Sox to announce his intentions to skip the visit with President Trump, whose stance toward aid for Puerto Rico in the aftermath of Hurricane Maria in 2017 remains a flash point for residents and natives of the island territory.

[Red Sox Manager Alex Cora will not visit the White House]

But Cora is not the only uniformed Red Sox personnel to opt out of the trip. Among players, Mookie Betts, Xander Bogaerts, Jackie Bradley Jr., Rafael Devers, Sandy Leon, Eduardo Nunez, David Price, Christian Vazquez and Hector Velazquez have said publicly they would be declining the invitation. The other roughly 20 players (a few of whom are on the injured list) have either announced their intention to attend, or were presumed to be attending.

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

Good.  This whole "Gladiators presenting themselves to the emperor" practice is bull#### anyway.

In the "if I were president" world, I'd put a complete stop to it.

Everyone would want to come see me as President :) 

:lol:No one would even want to see Tom the so-called President 

Well, DR would 

It’s a tradition I’ve never understood. Why exactly do teams go to the White House? They aren’t Olympic teams. It does however show how immature the left has gotten when they can’t be in the same room with the President. Intolerant children.

14 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

It’s a tradition I’ve never understood. Why exactly do teams go to the White House? 

The reality is that virtually no one cares except those on the left who have run out of things to whine about. 

Tibs whined about Russia and he whined about collusion and he whined about obstruction and he whined about the wall.

Having lost literally every point the left has whined about, this is what he's left with: whining about a baseball manager no one can name, ignoring an event no one cares about, in what the left considers the first in a long line of blows that will finally bring down the Trump administration.

This time it's gonna happen. Just you want and see. Trump is going down and a baseball manager is going to get it started.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

It’s a tradition I’ve never understood. Why exactly do teams go to the White House? They aren’t Olympic teams. It does however show how immature the left has gotten when they can’t be in the same room with the President. Intolerant children.

People use to respect the presidency, it was prestigious just a few years ago. But everything Trump touches turns to garbage. The sullying of this harmless tradition is just another case in point. He is just a dirty, rotten person. 

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

Good.  This whole "Gladiators presenting themselves to the emperor" practice is bull#### anyway.

In the "if I were president" world, I'd put a complete stop to it.

Me too, unless it was a team I actively root for.
Eff everyone else.

30 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

People use to respect the presidency, it was prestigious just a few years ago. But everything Trump touches turns to garbage. The sullying of this harmless tradition is just another case in point. He is just a dirty, rotten person. 

You need to try harder than that.  People either respect the office to this day or have not respected it for a very long time by and large.  You remind me of the minions for the "Leader" from the "Joy of Sect" Simpson's episode.  

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

just deport the ***** and be done with it.

58 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Wouldn’t that cut into your hours at the laundromat? 

I could do both! 

Gees, thought you had me on ignore? D-bag 

1 hour ago, RochesterRob said:

You need to try harder than that.  People either respect the office to this day or have not respected it for a very long time by and large.  You remind me of the minions for the "Leader" from the "Joy of Sect" Simpson's episode.  

Nope, Trump just ruins things. 

File this under "Don't do me any favors"  No way Trump would give a shite about the Red Sox. Hell, he already had the top ruskie Ovi there with the Caps!  What else would he want? Winning!

5 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Hey, another whiny athlete (or coach) that doesn't want to go to the WH.

Color me shocked

Well, in fairness to the coach, Trump is somehow a racist because he criticized the corrupt Democrat politicians running Puerto Rico into the ground for stealing the taxpayer money being sent there for recovery efforts.

If Trump truly cared about the brown people, he would stop criticizing the Democrats in charge and send pallets of unmarked cash.

Edited by Koko78

"Orange man bad" is all these morons have to go on.

You are right. Why doesn't Cora go after that female politician w/glasses in his country for withholding the pallets of goods that weren't distribute to her people?