Leonard Little

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2027234

I truely hope he gets what he deserves. He killed somebody in a DWI and gets a slap on the wrist. Somebody, maybe it was Inside the NFL, did a piece on this during the past NFL season. Unbelievable story. It was a mother that he killed. Then a couple years later he is stopped again for driving under the influence.

You'd think killing someone while under the influence would be enough to sober you up for life, but I guess some people are more selfish than others.

293260[/snapback]

Hell, it didn't even need to sober him up, but it surely should have been enough to make him never go near a car after having a drink. Some people are just naturally stupid.

I see that he got off because the officer failed to give the proper instructions?? What the hell is that supposed to mean. What about "you have the right to remain silent, you fuggin P.O.S" is unclear??? :)  :doh:

294681[/snapback]

Sadly, the laws in this country are aimed to protect the criminal not the innocent.

I see that he got off because the officer failed to give the proper instructions?? What the hell is that supposed to mean. What about "you have the right to remain silent, you fuggin P.O.S" is unclear??? :doh:  :angry:

294681[/snapback]

If you would enroll in police officer training, you would be going :) and :doh: at some of the guys who wear the shield. Sixty percent is a failing average where I come from, and an extensive drug use history should be a disqualification, but whatever.

Has me thankful that the Constitution establishes "innocent until proven guilty," even tho that's sometimes not very comforting if you're not famous/rich.

(Note, this does not mean that LL isn't a POS.)

Sadly, the laws in this country are aimed to protect the criminal not the innocent.

294685[/snapback]

Friggin juries and friggin lawyers. The law is you turn down the breath test---you failed. I know that you know that and everyone else knows that. This POS can go on earning his millions, his lawyer can go on getting new clients by telling them that he got a guilty as sin POS footballer off thereby making him more attractive to other POSes, and the jury can say that they were this close to a POS killer and they let him walk--with a speeding ticket.

The husband? He has memories, nothing but memories. :devil:

UPDATE

the POS walks

Unreal, unreal, unreal. Is there anything in this fuggin world money can't buy. What a joke.

295444[/snapback]

Couple of points. Someone mentioned earlier you decline the breath test, your guilty. While I am no lawyer, I think that if you decline the breath test you automatically lose your license, but your guilt or innocense is not established. I have seen several shows that say never, and I mean never, take the breath test.

For those of you who think every cop is legit, let me give you a quick story. Sued the Ill. state police back in 87 for a bad breatlyser they gave me after I pissed a cop off. My attorney filed a class action on behalf of 8 of us who had been pulled over and given a faulty test. I blew a 1.1 on the thing, and I had had three beers, no chit, in about three hrs at a Black Hawks game. No way I'm blowin that kind of number.

Couple of points. Someone mentioned earlier you decline the breath test, your guilty. While I am no lawyer, I think that if you decline the breath test you automatically lose your license, but your guilt or innocense is not established. I have seen several shows that say never, and I mean never, take the breath test.

For those of you who think every cop is legit, let me give you a quick story. Sued the Ill. state police back in 87 for a bad breatlyser they gave me after I pissed a cop off. My attorney filed a class action on behalf of 8 of us who had been pulled over and given a faulty test. I blew a 1.1 on the thing, and I had had three beers, no chit, in about three hrs at a Black Hawks game. No way I'm blowin that kind of number.

295585[/snapback]

Refusing the test in no way says you're guilty. You do lose your license for 6 months, I believe, but hey, if you're drunk, you're losing it longer than that anyway. Make em prove it in court. Getting a conditional(hardship) license is about as easy as anything. Unless you've really only had one or two beers, never take the test. Tell them that on the advice of your attorney, you refuse.

Why give them evidence?

295585[/snapback]

No kidding. If your BAC was 1.1, you'd be deader than <insert favorite deceased person>.

No kidding.  If your BAC was 1.1, you'd be deader than <insert favorite deceased person>.

295593[/snapback]

I think the highest ever recorded was some Russian guy with a .75 bac. He was concious and walking too. Unbelievable.

If you've been drinking and get pulled over: A) refuse the test 2) Thank the police under your breath for possibly saving yours and other drivers' lives, no matter how well you think you can drive drunk and III) Learn your lesson, and learn it right good.

Back in the '60s, my dad was hit by a Puerto Rican guy who when he approached the door, the smell of alcohol was obvious and the guy bleeps out in probably the only English he knew, "Ha ha. No insurance. Ha ha." Suffice to say this guy got tap-danced on. Cop comes up just as my dad and a passenger put the guy back in his car. Cop looks at the guy slumped over the wheel, picks his head up by the hair, slams his face back into the wheel, and says, "I think you guys better get outta here...." Street justice. Those were the days.