Who Is Your Favorite Olympic Team?

Gugny

4 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Nancy all the way....  then and now 

1319202_753063-KerriganInsightArt-715x10 

nancy-kerrigan-600.jpg?w=600&w=450&c=sc&

Yeah you are probably right... But Monty, can I take door #3 , instead? Is that the best current pics you can find?  Huh?

Praying door #3 is NOT the "zonker" in this w/a crowbar!

article-0-1A2720BA00000578-857_306x402.j

Can I trade up for an old Peggy:

flemming1_0.jpg?itok=3piC1Wh6

LoL... 

I get a Canadian tv station on my cable.  I like their coverage better than the NBC nonsense.  I sometimes find myself watching the Canadian channel and rooting for the Canadian athletes.  

One of their commentators is Sara Clara Hughes who won medals in bicycle and speed skating.  Dual sport, winter and summer. Pretty cool. 

Edited by Gray Beard

1 hour ago, Gray Beard said:

I get a Canadian tv station on my cable.  I like their coverage better than the NBC nonsense.  I sometimes find myself watching the Canadian channel and rooting for the Canadian athletes.  

One of their commentators is Sara Hughes who won medals in bicycle and speed skating.  Dual sport, winter and summer. Pretty cool. 

Sarah Hughes won gold in figure skating.  Are you sure on the name?

3 minutes ago, Gray Beard said:

Clara Hughes. Good catch. 

Close enough!.............Seems like the same muscles are used in both sports.  That guy who won 5 speed skating golds (I think) at Lake Placid was a great bicylist, too.  I'm blanking on his name.  

1 minute ago, bbb said:

Close enough!.............Seems like the same muscles are used in both sports.  That guy who won 5 speed skating golds (I think) at Lake Placid was a great bicylist, too.  I'm blanking on his name.  

Eric Heiden (I looked it up)

same muscles...  bike riders and speed skaters have big thighs and smallish upper bodies

5 minutes ago, Gray Beard said:

same muscles...  bike riders and speed skaters have big thighs and smallish upper bodies

That's him!  He had Earl Campbell type thighs! 

9 minutes ago, Gray Beard said:

I remember watching (on TV) take a horrific spill at high speed during the Tour de France.

14 hours ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

We're all winners when we watch that, am I right @Boyst62?

I honestly root against the USA in basketball. They're literally stacked with essentially an NBA All Star team.

While I agree with everything you say, the rest of the world has earned the right to play the USA's best in basketball as it became clear that our amateurs were not capable of consistently defeating other countries' professionals.