Mel Kiper discounts Matt Jones

I think it's funny how ESPN dissed Mort with that big, fat disclaimer added to the head of his love-fest article on Jones. :doh:

Mort

Editor's note: Chris Mortensen's son, Alex, is a redshirt freshman quarterback at Arkansas in competition for Matt Jones' vacant position.

I think it's funny how ESPN dissed Mort with that big, fat disclaimer added to the head of his love-fest article on Jones. :lol:

Mort

Editor's note: Chris Mortensen's son, Alex, is a redshirt freshman quarterback at Arkansas in competition for Matt Jones' vacant position.

292413[/snapback]

I don't get it - seems like a rare case of journalistic integrity... :doh:

I heard him say you'd be a FOOL not to take him in APRIL's draft.

292426[/snapback]

WOW!!! He must be good. Speaking of Jones, alot of Pittsburgh Steeler fans think that they will draft Matt Jones in the first round to replace Plexico.

He sure looked out of place during the Senior Bowl practice I watched. That said, I have removed him as my 4TH ROUND pick in  my signature, replaced by Kevin Everett TE.

292410[/snapback]

Matt Jones, his family, and his agents are in tears.......

no longer your signature. Things were looking up with Morts chat. First Kiper now this... :doh:

I heard him say you'd be a FOOL not to take him in APRIL's draft.

292426[/snapback]

Here's a good recipe for Fool. :lol:

Gooseberry Fool - Serves 4-6

Preparation time 30 mins to 1 hour Cooking time 10 to 30 mins

Tangy gooseberries and fragrant elderflower cordial are combined into homemade custard and cream in this simple traditional English dessert.

Ingredients

450g/1lb gooseberries

150ml/5fl oz elderflower cordial

For the custard:

2 egg yolks

1 tsp arrowroot

150ml/5fl oz milk

30g/1oz sugar

150ml/5fl oz double cream

fresh elderflowers, to decorate

Method

1.Top and tail the gooseberries. Put them into a pan with the elderflower cordial. Bring up to the boil and then simmer gently until soft and pulpy. Leave to go cold, and then place in a serving dish.

2. Make the custard heat the milk up in a pan to the point of boiling. Beat the egg yolks, arrowroot and sugar together in a jug and pour the hot milk into the jug.. Mix well and then return to the pan. Heat gently until the custard thickens, but do not boil. Strain into a clean bowl and cool.

3. Whip the cream to the same consistency of the gooseberries.

4.Gently stir the cream into the gooseberries and then fold in the custard. Try to give it a marbled effect in the serving bowl. Place a few elderflowers on top to decorate.

Serve with wings. :doh:

on Dan Patrick says Matt Jones is overrated.  He's hearing late 1st to early 2nd which he says is way to high...

let the bashing begin...

292404[/snapback]

Hey, Mel's just good entertainment...don't take him seriously. Everything he says is based on what other scouts and personnel guys tell him.

If Mel's saying Jones is overrated, it just means his "contacts" are trying to talk him down, most likely so they can snag him in round 2.