Operation Boomerang AG Barr's Investigation of Acts of Treason by Federal Employees

So how the hell can Clinesmtih plead guilty to the charge if he also claims that he didn't "knowingly believe the statement was false"?

If I were the Judge I don't know if I'd accept Clinesmith's plea.  Seems like he didn't admit to the elements of the crime.

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, snafu said:

So how the hell can Clinesmtih plead guilty to the charge if he also claims that he didn't "knowingly believe the statement was false"?

If I were the Judge I don't know if I'd accept Clinesmith's plea.  Seems like he didn't admit to the elements of the crime.

Apparently he's testifying that he was convinced (for some reason undisclosed) that Page wasn't a CIA asset even though the CIA explicitly said Page was an asset.  And clearly, rather than get clarification from the CIA on whether they REALLY meant that he wasn't an asset, he took it upon himself to "fix" the erroneous CIA sourced e-mail.

Basically, his claim is that he was certain at the time that he had a better understanding of the situation than the people that actually had 1st hand knowledge.  It stretches credulity to the max, but considering we see that sort of behavior pretty much daily from those with TDS, maybe there's something to his contention that he is one of the most arrogant people in Washington, which is saying a lot.

A thing that will hopefully get pursued further was Weissmann's recent tweets from the last day or 2 implying that Clinesmith passed BOTH copies of the CIA memo through the FBI prior to sending it off to the FISA judge for renewal of the warrant.  If so, somebody else in the food chain definitely knew Clinesmith faked the memo and (presumably) perjured himself.  Would be very nice to find out at least 1 of those people was Weissmann.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

These #teamcoup guys yapping on Twitter... really makes me wonder about the possibility of their being offered plea deals. Wouldn't "shut up" be prudent if they were offered/took one?

42 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Apparently he's testifying that he was convinced (for some reason undisclosed) that Page wasn't a CIA asset even though the CIA explicitly said Page was an asset.  And clearly, rather than get clarification from the CIA on whether they REALLY meant that he wasn't an asset, he took it upon himself to "fix" the erroneous CIA sourced e-mail.

Basically, his claim is that he was certain at the time that he had a better understanding of the situation than the people that actually had 1st hand knowledge.  It stretches credulity to the max, but considering we see that sort of behavior pretty much daily from those with TDS, maybe there's something to his contention that he is one of the most arrogant people in Washington, which is saying a lot.

A thing that will hopefully get pursued further was Weissmann's recent tweets from the last day or 2 implying that Clinesmith passed BOTH copies of the CIA memo through the FBI prior to sending it off to the FISA judge for renewal of the warrant.  If so, somebody else in the food chain definitely knew Clinesmith faked the memo and (presumably) perjured himself.  Would be very nice to find out at least 1 of those people was Weissmann.

Seeing Weissmann go down would be party time. ? ? ? 

• Like (+1) 4

33 minutes ago, Taro T said:

As far as I know, the FISA application must include any mitigating facts.  It is the DOJ's job to do that because there's nobody representing the FISA subject's interest.  The DOJ gets their info from the FBI in this case.  The FBI had the CIA's email before the first FISA application.  A lot of people knew everything right from the get-go.

Then what makes it even worse is that Clinesmith was working for Weissman on Mueller's team at the time that he didn't just withhold the CIA email, but actually took the extra step to falsify it. 

My only questions are whether Clinesmith helped prepare the first thee applications, and if so, (1) why didn't he submit the CIA email for the first three; and (B) why did he bother to submit the altered CIA email for the fourth application.

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, snafu said:

As far as I know, the FISA application must include any mitigating facts.  It is the DOJ's job to do that because there's nobody representing the FISA subject's interest.  The DOJ gets their info from the FBI in this case.  The FBI had the CIA's email before the first FISA application.  A lot of people knew everything right from the get-go.

Then what makes it even worse is that Clinesmith was working for Weissman on Mueller's team at the time that he didn't just withhold the CIA email, but actually took the extra step to falsify it. 

My only questions are whether Clinesmith helped prepare the first thee applications, and if so, (1) why didn't he submit the CIA email for the first three; and (B) why did he bother to submit the altered CIA email for the fourth application.

Excellent questions and brings up a plausible reason why they chose this particular charge to get him to plead guilty to.  Going after bigger fish all across the intelligence community & the SCO.

That's the hope anyway.  But not necessarily the expectation. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

These #teamcoup guys yapping on Twitter... really makes me wonder about the possibility of their being offered plea deals. Wouldn't "shut up" be prudent if they were offered/took one?

Seeing Weissmann go down would be party time. ? ? ? 

....I would pay for the...

1. Rope

2. Guillotine

...your choice.......yet another pompous, indignant, arrogant putz............