David Boston for 3rd WR?

cancer, but if we could get him for the minimum would he be worth it?

He wouldn't have any pressure on him being the 3rd WR so he could just come out an play.

Is he worth the risk?

292385[/snapback]

Sure...after the Bills wrangle a secret $15 million loss-of-services policy from Lloyd's of London.

A couple of years ago he was one of the top receivers in the league. Does he anything left in his tank?

I would think that if TD brought him in and had a conversation w/ DBoston it could be worked out. Plus if he comes in for the minimum and he doesn't play well or he starts shooting his mouth off then cut'em.

A couple of years ago he was one of the top receivers in the league.  Does he anything left in his tank?

292399[/snapback]

A couple of years ago Drew Bledsoe was one of the top QBs in the league

A couple of years ago Marcus Jones was one of the top DEs in the league

We found out if they had anything left in their tank.

Just say no to reclaimation projects!

A couple of years ago he was one of the top receivers in the league.  Does he anything left in his tank?

I would think that if TD brought him in and had a conversation w/ DBoston it could be worked out.  Plus if he comes in for the minimum and he doesn't play well or he starts shooting his mouth off then cut'em.

292399[/snapback]

From what I've read, FTW, he's pretty much washed up. Multiple injuries (and some were thought to be dubious IIRC), oddball conceptions of athletic conditiong, less than "teammate-pleasing" attitude and so forth.

My guess is he has cashed in to the tune of millions, and would be pleased if some (sucker) showed up to toss some more cash his way.

I understand the appeal, but I'd decline his services.

dude... if your one role player away from SB at wr, then you role the dice on a guy because, if you are a legitimate/bonifide SB contender, you have...

1) a core nucleus of teammates that will hold Boston's feet to the fire and make him accountable.

2) you have all the pieces in place to go to a SB... defense, ST, Offense

3) you have a coach that won't take Boston's stojan

4) you have a GM that won't pay him more than a typical #3 wide receiver and a player that will accept that. TD won't pay and Boston wants $$$ for absolutely nothing in return... aint gonna happen

The bottom line is NO on Boston.... this Bills team is in rebuilding mode and probably will be for another 2 seasons. So, this team is barely a playoff team and not a legitmate SB team. Their O line is unsettled, their QB situation is "green". Their defense takes a step backward this year because by letting Pat Williams go without a comparable replacement, Sam Adams now becomes totally useless. You also have a couple of DEs that are "average", at best... and a secondary that will have to be re-tooled at CB after next season cuz Clements is as good as gone.