Interesting free-market alternative to "free college" and student loans.

In the 1850s, a man named Albert sold himself to Thomas J. Jackson in order to pay off a debt.  This was known as "slavery."

But I'm pretty sure that liberals will support this modern practice of selling yourself to pay off tuition as "not slavery" on the principle "But this is different, because...shut up, racist!"

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Please elaborate.  Also in your elaboration please explain how something that has costs can be considered.......FREE. 

No.

It was a sarcastic remark.  Sorry I didn't switch to snarky font.

8 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Please elaborate.  Also in your elaboration please explain how something that has costs can be considered.......FREE. 

Where have you been in the last year or so? HAHA Gator has thoroughly explained that the government, that owns the money, can just print all it wants and pay people's tuition with that. The only costs will be the printing cost but we can pay for that by printing even more money, but in larger denominations. CFP, eh? Sure.

Government played a huge role (setting aside the people who actually took the loans) in jacking up the tuitions and the free market is considering solutions.

Going through the college process now (I keep dropping bags of money with my daughter’s name on them in admissions offices but now no one will pick them up...thanks Aunt Becky) and every campus is a cathedral built with money I loaned to poetry (!) majors. 

Shelling out 75K per year for college won’t  make me salty at all.