Not exactly candidates for Mensa

39 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

I was a little surprised to see that level of stupidity in Ridgefield, but I guess you can find it anywhere!

Quality rednecks are grown in every state... including CT....

40 minutes ago, Augie said:

Did they make you leave after you started the fire? I’m sure it seemed like a good idea at the time.....

Wrong .... it was a brilliant idea.....

43 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

Quality rednecks are grown in every state... including CT....

Wrong .... it was a brilliant idea.....

Oh, outside of SW Fairfield County and a few covered bridges in Litchfield, CT is primarily rednecks.  My ex-wife's people came from Enfield.   Hoo-boy!

This event will set Ridgefield's 'wannabe New Canaan' status back a bit.

Edit:  p.s.  no offense to CT brothers Pete and Nervous Guy!

Edited by KD in CA
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Oh, outside of SW Fairfield County and a few covered bridges in Litchfield, CT is primarily rednecks.  My ex-wife's people came from Enfield.   Hoo-boy!

This event will set Ridgefield's 'wanna be New Canaan' status back a bit.

Did you every hit the Target store in Danbury / Bethel?  You can find a pretty broad range and cross section of humanity showing up to shop there.  My wife, a true southern belle, quipped that she saw more rednecks there than she did “back home.”

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

Did you every hit the Target store in Danbury / Bethel?  You can find a pretty broad range and cross section of humanity showing up to shop there.  My wife, a true southern belle, quipped that she saw more rednecks there than she did “back home.”

I dated a girl* who lived in Danbury for a while.  She had a good job but definitely had redneck genes, and redneck neighbor friends.  I tried to make sure we spent as much time in Old Greenwich as possible.

*Moderately hot, good sex, but she didn't cook, so there was no future.

4 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

I dated a girl* who lived in Danbury for a while.  She had a good job but definitely had redneck genes, and redneck neighbor friends.  I tried to make sure we spent as much time in Old Greenwich as possible.

*Moderately hot, good sex, but she didn't cook, so there was no future.

If the sex is good enough, there’s always Uber Eats! 

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Augie said:

If the sex is good enough, there’s always Uber Eats! 

This was the old days, before Uber or Facebook!   But at least she was honest about it.   Another girl one time said she was going to make dinner and then reverted to cold salads from the market because it was 'too hot to cook'.  That one ended quickly.

16 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

This was the old days, before Uber or Facebook!   But at least she was honest about it.   Another girl one time said she was going to make dinner and then reverted to cold salads from the market because it was 'too hot to cook'.  That one ended quickly.

I dated a girl who was proud to make me lasagna one night early in the relationship. She was Lebanese and apparently not overly familiar with Italian food. I, being the idiot that I was, said “this is more like a goulash. They have special pasta for lasagna.” 

In February we will have been married 35 years.

Oh, and I do 98% of the cooking. It works. 

• Haha (+1) 1