Is Braylon Edwards overrated?

Adam

The people who want to knock Clayton for his size should take note of what Lee Evans was able to do last season. Like Clayton, he's not the biggest guy, but has great hands, runs great routes, and has blazing speed.

Is Edwards overrated? I don't think so. I really believe he's as good as advertised. Of course, people will say he's another overrated Michigan receiver (like David Terrell and Desmond Howard before him). I don't think that's the case. He's looked nothing short of spectacular in his workouts and has improved his draft stock even more, if possible. Some think he could even be the top overall pick (I don't agree, but it is possible).

I mean I like him as a WR prospect, but not ahead of Mike Williams or Mark Clayton (size or no size)

292115[/snapback]

I say Williams is the better WR. I won't be shocked if MW went before BE.

If Mike Williams hangs around long enough, Minnesota will instantly have Moss's replacement. But he should be picked before #7 (and who's to say Minnesota won't take too much time again)

The people who want to knock Clayton for his size should take note of what Lee Evans was able to do last season.  Like Clayton, he's not the biggest guy, but has great hands, runs great routes, and has blazing speed. 

Is Edwards overrated?  I don't think so.  I really believe he's as good as advertised.  Of course, people will say he's another overrated Michigan receiver (like David Terrell and Desmond Howard before him).  I don't think that's the case.  He's looked nothing short of spectacular in his workouts and has improved his draft stock even more, if possible.  Some think he could even be the top overall pick (I don't agree, but it is possible).

292119[/snapback]

I only meant overrated as far as being the top WR on most boards...he is quite good

He is the top WR prospect in this draft, in my opinion.

292127[/snapback]

Not to go all meloncholy(whoa, have no idea how to spell that word), this guy will forever hold a special place for me. Last time I was with my DAD we watched that MIchigan, Mich State game that went to OT and Edwrads just went off. My dad was not feeling well, and we just sat in his bedroom and watched the game together. Now, the old man was no big college fan, but he was like" Son, we need to get that player on the Bills, he is something". It was great cause the old man made it through the whole game and it was really the last four hours we spent talking.

He died the next week suddendly, and watching Edwards and that game will be the last memory of us spending time together.

Not to go all meloncholy(whoa, have no idea how to spell that word), this guy will forever hold a special place for me. Last time I was with my DAD we watched that MIchigan, Mich State game that went to OT and Edwrads just went off. My dad was not feeling well, and we just sat in his bedroom and watched the game together. Now, the old man was no big college fan, but he was like" Son, we need to get that player on the Bills, he is something". It was great cause the old man made it through the whole game and it was really the last four hours we spent talking.

He died the next week suddendly, and watching Edwards and that game will be the  last memory of us spending time together.

292138[/snapback]

Sorry to hear about your father's passing. My dad is sick too, and I know how rough it can be

Sorry to hear about your father's passing. My dad is sick too, and I know how rough it can be

292141[/snapback]

THX, but it was all good as his fear was getting old and helpless, and even at 84 he ran his own business caning chairs till the day he died.

Now, back on topic, I really believe that Edwards is awesome, but I have no idea how you sepersate him and Williams

Following the Big 10, I saw Edwards play several games each season. He is absolutely sensational and can take over a game much like a T. Owens, Moss etc. Will leap and fight for the ball on every play. Catches everything. Fearless over the middle.

The star label is thrown around too freely in these days of hype and Sportscenter. Edwards IS the real deal. I envy the team that drafts him. Many Draft board have him rated either #1 or #2 in overall talent for a reason.

Edwards is just as good as any reciever in last years draft for sure.

I've watched a lot of good college WRs but rarely do you see someone who can just flat out dominate the way that edwards does. Couple that with his workouts and you've got a prospect. I'd say he's the biggest sure thing in this years draft.

It'll be exciting to see him play in the pros, if San Diego can swing the trade to SF with RIvers to pick Edwards, they'll be really really nasty.

I have Braylon Edwards right behind Mike Williams, with both being sure-fire NFL #1 receivers, but the proof won't be so obvious. If Edwards lands with, say, Chicago, and Mike Williams is drafted by San Francisco, Edwards would probably end up with double Williams' yards.

Check out this summary of all mock drafts and where Williams/Edwards are picked:

Draft Muncher -- Top Five in All Mocks

I am a Michigan fan, and I do think that Edwards is worthy of being one of the first 3 picks in the draft. Mike Williams is an awesome WR also. If Mike Williams had played last year, I would probably have Williams ahead of Edwards. Either way no team can be upset if they get either of these players.

I'm glad that plenzmd1, brought up this past season's Michigan-Michigan State game. Braylon Edwards came up huge late in the 2nd half of that game and saved Michigan from an embarrassing defeat.

Edwards also had an outstanding game, albeit in a losing effort, against Texas in the Rose Bowl.

I believe the hype is well earned.